PDA

View Full Version : slow when cold quick when warm!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIG DAN
Saturday 14th December 2013, 08:53
hi my 2000 mk1 v70 2.5d has eml on and its fault is mass air flow so diognostic says i unplugged it drove it for day or 2 and the car went very quick full power very suprised how quick it was tbh then it went slow again so replaced airflow and it was still slow tryed to turn light off still throwing up same fault changed it for another sensor another brand new still same problem same fault but when its cold its very slow i could be out accelerated by a child electric car but after a mile or so it gets quicker the warmer it gets the quicer it gets

could anybody shed some light ???

jamesy12345
Saturday 14th December 2013, 09:06
Different car but maybe same engine......

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=53227

T5frankie
Saturday 14th December 2013, 09:26
hi my 2000 mk1 v70 2.5d has eml on and its fault is mass air flow so diognostic says i unplugged it drove it for day or 2 and the car went very quick full power very suprised how quick it was tbh then it went slow again so replaced airflow and it was still slow tryed to turn light off still throwing up same fault changed it for another sensor another brand new still same problem same fault but when its cold its very slow i could be out accelerated by a child electric car but after a mile or so it gets quicker the warmer it gets the quicer it gets

could anybody shed some light ???

go and see my brother he has the vol-fcr programme on his laptop

jamesy12345
Saturday 14th December 2013, 09:49
go and see my brother he has the vol-fcr programme on his laptop

I thought VOL-FCR only did up to '98 models for the 70-series. Anyway yeah clear the codes then read them again with this/something else, the guy in the link I posted discovered it was actually the fly-by-wire accelerator. If the MAF fault does come back maybe worth checking connection to MAF is OK e.g. connector or wiring

BIG DAN
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 19:20
codes have cleared a few times light stays on and always comes up with maf a friend of mine has told me it s reading very cold in the minus when engine gets warm it runs better alot quicker and more responsive really wierd

been told possible coolant temp sensor ???

T5frankie
Wednesday 18th December 2013, 19:22
I thought VOL-FCR only did up to '98 models for the 70-series. Anyway yeah clear the codes then read them again with this/something else, the guy in the link I posted discovered it was actually the fly-by-wire accelerator. If the MAF fault does come back maybe worth checking connection to MAF is OK e.g. connector or wiring

same engine as my brother mate, should be the same as diesel