PDA

View Full Version : Boost pressure

T5Rdragon
Monday 31st October 2005, 13:53
2 questions for the gurus...

1) What is the standard boost pressure on an unmodified 850 T5?

2) What should the pressure be on a RICA305'd T5?

(Figs pref in BAR please :) )

Andrew
Monday 31st October 2005, 13:59

T-5R which I presume you want was 0.8bar
305 with the turbo you have should peak and hold for a period of time at 1.2bar

siamblue
Monday 31st October 2005, 14:00

Around .5 bar standard and 1.2 bar on Rica, well mine is 17 psi,

Al115
Monday 31st October 2005, 14:01
'70 T5s the standard I believe was 10psi / 0.7 bar except for ex-police cars which come in the range 0 to 0.5 bar :)

T5Rdragon
Monday 31st October 2005, 14:03
T-5R which I presume you want was 0.8bar
305 with the turbo you have should peak and hold for a period of time at 1.2bar Bugger...

Need to get a few diff boost guages to test with in case it's the guage, but the car is boosting to just under 1bar only, and it only holds that for a matter of a couple of seconds before it starts to fall...

Yes, I did mean T5-Rs. Thanks :)

Andrew
Monday 31st October 2005, 14:55
Bugger...

Need to get a few diff boost guages to test with in case it's the guage, but the car is boosting to just under 1bar only, and it only holds that for a matter of a couple of seconds before it starts to fall...

Yes, I did mean T5-Rs. Thanks :)

Hmm it was boosting to 1.2bar with my old gauge on.

Check for split pipes and as you say check with another boost gauge. Elbow pipes are likely to go - check the one near the thermo housing - that could be causing poor fueling issued too if it's getting a bad mix... although I would have expected the engine management light to come on and a code about poor mix on idleing to have kicked in - had this recently on my 70R.

I suspect split pipe somewhere.

T5Rdragon
Monday 31st October 2005, 14:57
Cheers Andrew :)

I could do with acquiting an OBD II (is that what it's called?) gadget so I can see what codes, if any, are on at the moment.

Andrew
Monday 31st October 2005, 14:58

I could do with acquiting an OBD II (is that what it's called?) gadget so I can see what codes, if any, are on at the moment.

When my OBDII laptop comes you'll be first on the list chap ... well right after me anyway LOL

TangoDeltaSierra3
Monday 31st October 2005, 16:16

I could do with acquiting an OBD II (is that what it's called?) gadget so I can see what codes, if any, are on at the moment.Seftons at Worsbro Dale have an OBD2 reader, call down with it sometime, charged me £20 to read & clear 2 codes.

T5Rdragon
Tuesday 15th November 2005, 12:59
When my OBDII laptop comes you'll be first on the list chap ... well right after me anyway LOL
Cheers mate :)

Andrew
Tuesday 15th November 2005, 14:26
Cheers mate :)

It's here but I need to build it - stick OS on it and put OBDII software on it, write instructions etc. Will try and get to it later in the week.