PDA

View Full Version : Pirelli PZero Asimmetrico

Red850Restate
Saturday 7th December 2013, 05:48
Hi everyone, right I know I will get slated for this but I want to put the original Pirelli back on the R, I know the reviews are not great and there are better tyres out there for the cash, but I just need to do it!

However I am struggling to find them if I am honest. Sure Pirelli haven't stopped production, were they that bad hahah, if anyone knows where i source them it would be appreciated ive tried the usual camskill, blackcircles etc, failing that what other Pirelli or other tyres would people recommend. Yoko Parada spec2's?id ideally like to stay with Pirelli though

Cheers

MoleT-5R
Saturday 7th December 2013, 05:58
Hi everyone, right I know I will get slated for this but I want to put the original Pirelli back on the R, I know the reviews are not great and there are better tyres out there for the cash, but I just need to do it!

However I am struggling to find them if I am honest. Sure Pirelli haven't stopped production, were they that bad hahah, if anyone knows where i source them it would be appreciated ive tried the usual camskill, blackcircles etc, failing that what other Pirelli or other tyres would people recommend. Yoko Parada spec2's?id ideally like to stay with Pirelli though

Cheers

Can't fault you for wanting them, I love them, but they don't love me and where I live tyres get a bit knocked around, but will have them again on a spare set of wheels for good days soon and a set of budgets for getting knocked about giving way to idiots in the lanes around here

Red850Restate
Saturday 7th December 2013, 06:10
Doesn't sound good mate. The roads around here are bad enough too, do you know where I can get them from still?

Redbrick
Saturday 7th December 2013, 08:07
What size do you need?

Nealevo
Saturday 7th December 2013, 10:06
Unfortunately mate they are no longer in production (old design and compounds) I use them on mine and I have 4 spare in 205/45/17. If you keep an eye out eBay they so appear every now and then.

T5frankie
Saturday 7th December 2013, 10:08
they are naff and have zero grip in the wet or dry imo whats more they look naff too

Red850Restate
Saturday 7th December 2013, 17:07
Tbh I don't drive it like a knob so it matters not what the grip etc is like, pirelli pzero Nero it is then

T5frankie
Saturday 7th December 2013, 17:20
Tbh I don't drive it like a knob so it matters not what the grip etc is like, pirelli pzero Nero it is then

it doesnt matter how fast you drive, wet grip is important at any speeds

Red850Restate
Saturday 7th December 2013, 19:15
it doesnt matter how fast you drive, wet grip is important at any speeds

Not sure I agree with you, you drive as per conditions, well that's what my instructor taught me on my advanced driving course, what ever car I drive I don't scrutinise tyre brand, expecting a % either way in braking stopping power. If you are relying in a better brand/make of tyre to bail you out I suspect you are already in to deep..

AndysR
Saturday 7th December 2013, 21:06
For what it's worth I went from Pirelli P-Zero to the Yokohama Parada Spec 2's on my 850R and there was a noticeable difference in grip, so much so that I have discounted the Pirelli's as a choice of tyre for the future and will probably go for another set of Spec 2's when the need arises, personally I can' fault the the Yokohama's.

T5frankie
Sunday 8th December 2013, 00:15
For what it's worth I went from Pirelli P-Zero to the Yokohama Parada Spec 2's on my 850R and there was a noticeable difference in grip, so much so that I have discounted the Pirelli's as a choice of tyre for the future and will probably go for another set of Spec 2's when the need arises, personally I can' fault the the Yokohama's.

i have put 4 brand new yokohama parada spec 2's on my v70r