PDA

View Full Version : Whats she worth?

S60D5
Sunday 30th October 2005, 18:35
As a continuation of the S60 D5 plan, I just want to gauge what my 850 T5 is worth, I'm not yet selling but if any interested parties are out there feel free to contact me!

My car:

1995 Volvo 850 T5 CD Auto Estate.
Car has 123k but the engine has only 66k.

Full spec is as follows:

Metallic Aubergine.
16” Columba T5 light-alloy wheels
205/50/16 Z-rated tyres (All Good)
Rear body spoiler
Volvo tinted windows (all round. legal)
Front fog-lights in bumper
Lowered chassis (-20mm) - Volvo Option
Load-compensating, self levelling suspension
Chrome 'R' kick-plates.

Full dark-grey leather interior
Electric front seats (Driver/Passenger)
Heated seats (Driver/Passenger/Rear)
Walnut dash & centre console
Driver, Passenger & Side curtain airbags
SIPS Impact Protection
Electric Windows x 4, Drivers 1-Touch
Electric mirrors
Remote Central Locking
Heated mirrors
Heated rear screen
High Level arm-rest with cup holders
Volvo SC815 Premium CD-Slot HU with Active Sound Control (Imported from USA)
160W Amplifier (40 x 4), Upgraded speakers & wiring
Volvo C70 6-CD Changer in boot
Dual Climate Control (inc. Air Con)
Electric Glass Tilt/Slide sunroof
Multi-Function on-board computer
Turbocharger boost-gauge
Cruise Control

The engine was replaced in March this year and has only covered 66k, had a cambelt change 2k ago, and the rear main seal, turbo seals were done then in addition to a transmission flush and it's about to have a full service. The A/C system was completely overhauled in September 2004 and works perfectly and is "ice" cold.

I know the car would be worth approx £3,200 or so at 125k, but I would be hoping for a bit more considering the engine has only done 66k and all the "major" jobs (AC, Turbo seals, RMS, cambelt etc) have already been done.

Anyone any ideas? I put it on eBay about 9 months ago (before the new engine and work!) to gauge interest, and the amount of interest I got was massive. So it might well be eBay'd but I would prefer to sell to an enthusiast!

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a350/volvoturbo5/car9s.jpg

Justin
Sunday 30th October 2005, 19:35
Hi Darren, i would say about £3300, i sold my green cd spec with 1 owner and fvsh 111k a month ago for that, and the car had a remap too. Its worth what someone is willing to pay ultimately, however if your in no rush start higher :)

mike 850
Sunday 30th October 2005, 22:40
sorry to steal the thread but what grade tint is that? looks lush

audimadmike
Monday 31st October 2005, 08:49
I think you've judged the value quite well, looks and sounds in excellent condition.
If I wasn't temporarily skint I'd be very interested as was thinking of improving on mine.

Mike

S60D5
Monday 31st October 2005, 16:34
sorry to steal the thread but what grade tint is that? looks lush

Absolutely no idea, it was done by Volvo (or for Volvo) when the car was brand new before the first owner picked it up. The garage who sold me the car had it tested to make sure it was legal and it passed! Thats all I know!