PDA

View Full Version : 2.5T (18T) Turbo Inlet Pipe

samfwell
Tuesday 3rd December 2013, 15:36
Hi folks,

Kind of new to the whole Boost & Volvo scene so excuse my questions if a little simple.

I have a V70 Ph1 AWD 2.5T and I've damaged the flexi inlet pipe that goes from the MAF to the turbo. I fancy fitting a cone filter to replace the airbox for noise/aesthetics so I figured I could buy/make my own turbo inlet pipe for the same reasons.

It has a 60mm inlet and the MAF is 70mm so I need a downsizer, something like this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330970869893?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649) perhaps?

Anyway, is there a standard kit from the turbo to the MAF or am I best just making something out of silicon hoses and straight ally pipes? What's the best way to get the take offs that are near the turbo on the current pipe? I also think there's a sensor next to the turbo that sits in a D-shaped bung...

Also, Do I have an 18T turbo? I'll be getting it off tonight so I can have a look for markings. Anything else I should look at?

Cheers,

Sam

T5frankie
Tuesday 3rd December 2013, 15:40
Hi folks,

Kind of new to the whole Boost & Volvo scene so excuse my questions if a little simple.

I have a V70 Ph1 AWD 2.5T and I've damaged the flexi inlet pipe that goes from the MAF to the turbo. I fancy fitting a cone filter to replace the airbox for noise/aesthetics so I figured I could buy/make my own turbo inlet pipe for the same reasons.

It has a 60mm inlet and the MAF is 70mm so I need a downsizer, something like this (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330970869893?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649) perhaps?

Anyway, is there a standard kit from the turbo to the MAF or am I best just making something out of silicon hoses and straight ally pipes? What's the best way to get the take offs that are near the turbo on the current pipe? I also think there's a sensor next to the turbo that sits in a D-shaped bung...

Also, Do I have an 18T turbo? I'll be getting it off tonight so I can have a look for markings. Anything else I should look at?

Cheers,

Sam
you have a baby 13g turbo mate sorry, www.do88.se do the inlet pipes

M-R-P
Tuesday 3rd December 2013, 15:49
The sensor in the D-shaped bung is the PTC nipple - a heater element for the PCV system. I binned mine but I don't know if you can get away with it on your model.

graemewelch
Tuesday 3rd December 2013, 16:30
any pics of the pipe. might be able to help you out with most of it

samfwell
Tuesday 3rd December 2013, 17:11
If I can do away with the heater, that would make my life easy as I can just use any 60mm pipe with a few take-offs

graemewelch
Tuesday 3rd December 2013, 17:15
just fit a gromet thats what i did. if its theres then id prefer to use it.

Brett855tdi
Tuesday 3rd December 2013, 19:55
The sensor in the D-shaped bung is the PTC nipple - a heater element for the PCV system. I binned mine but I don't know if you can get away with it on your model.

Ive been wondering about whether i could bin min... been thinking of making my own pcv system up.

Anything to be aware of?

samfwell
Tuesday 3rd December 2013, 22:44
I don't know what any of these TLAs mean...

Anyways, this is my fubar's inlet pipe...
http://i.imgur.com/jHYW3qF.jpg

Will wait till I get the engine in and sorted first but I reckon a couple of 90s and some straight tube with a few take-offs.

Thanks for the link but I'm not spending £160 on a pipe. Car only got £500 ;)

deathrider311271
Tuesday 3rd December 2013, 22:56
i got the one of my V70 u can have for postage cost mate

pm me

graemewelch
Tuesday 3rd December 2013, 23:01
jesus thats a mess. im about to start doing 3" versions of those.

deathrider311271
Tuesday 3rd December 2013, 23:19

hehe i already got one

samfwell
Tuesday 3rd December 2013, 23:49

Yeah, I got a little nick in it at an early stage of lifting the engine out and decided I was going to replace it so it was preferable to let that rest on the ABS unit instead of the gearbox ;)

Deathrider, that's a great offer, I can't refuse!

Cheers,

Sam