PDA

View Full Version : V70 Ph1 Double DIN Stereo "OFF"

samfwell
Tuesday 3rd December 2013, 14:49
Hi Guys,

Hoping you can help, I have a V70 with the dual CD/Tape double DIN radio unit. I actually know the code to unlock it but I rather stupidly mashed the keypad a few times and seem to have locked it.

When you turn the stereo on, it just says "OFF" and doesn't seem to respond to anything. I've had in unplugged for various period up to about 48hours but it won't unlock.

Have I beansed it? Please tell me I haven't beansed it. If not totally beansed, how do I get it so that I can put the code in again?

Grateful for any input, apart from probably calling my stupidity for locking it in the first place.

Cheers,

Sam

T5frankie
Tuesday 3rd December 2013, 14:55
i think you have to leave it on and have the key in the ignition for 2 hrs, alternately, main dealers will give you the code for free

samfwell
Tuesday 3rd December 2013, 14:59
Cheers, it's off the road getting a new engine but I really couldn't be arsed to find a new HU after an engine swap. Hopefully the 2 hour trick will work, I was only using it for tiny journeys since I locked it as it was knocking ;) on death's door.

jdavis
Tuesday 3rd December 2013, 15:07
The 2 hour trick worked for me. Took some planning to have ignition on for 2 hours and go places though