PDA

View Full Version : What suspension?

Kingsford G
Saturday 30th November 2013, 22:46
Just been looking on PFV website as MRP recommended for springs and shocks to replace my nivos on the ex-plod and possibly all around.Here is the value for money kit,anyone has any experience with these?
http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?products_id=7668
Also there is a choice of different make springs,never used any of those.The shock absorber choice is Meyle,Bilstein B4,Saches.
I`m after a combination of a good handling and comfort set as it is a family car.Any recommendations?

danny-R
Saturday 30th November 2013, 22:56
I went for the 40mm springs and standard shocks on my p2. Mainly for aesthetics as it looked like a 4x4. Handled a lot better but was pretty harsh over speed bumps and pot holes etc.

Wobbly Dave
Saturday 30th November 2013, 23:13
Best & most comfy are probably monroe reflex. I've run a set of Koni FSDs from box to bin - they were pretty good.

I am running bilsteins which are by far the most expensive and aggresive of the non-coilover variety.

Biff
Sunday 1st December 2013, 08:24
I've always run bilsteins or koni's on previous cars, the quality & ride are usually pretty good.
Don't think I'll run standard shocks with uprated springs again as they've made the cars awful.

T5frankie
Sunday 1st December 2013, 10:04
land rover defender suspension is a straight bolt on and will lower it by 40mm :uglyhamme

M-R-P
Sunday 1st December 2013, 10:14
land rover defender suspension is a straight bolt on and will lower it by 40mm :uglyhamme

Beat me to it :)

Kingsford G
Sunday 1st December 2013, 12:59

Really?You didn't come to the Ace cafe u numpty

T5frankie
Sunday 1st December 2013, 17:22
Really?You didn't come to the Ace cafe u numpty

i was at work mate i was heading out of london by 8.15

Kingsford G
Sunday 8th December 2013, 01:15
Bilstein B4,Shachs or Meyle?Would 30mm spring give the best of two worlds if so what make?