PDA

View Full Version : advice needed on service light

craig
Sunday 30th October 2005, 16:00
this may sound stupid but how do i input the reset code on my diagnostic socket when there is no buttons to press its just open holes next to the numbers ,the fly leed and led light work fine and the code is 1_5_1 but just cant work out how to input the code, can any one help me? :slap:

craig
Sunday 30th October 2005, 16:24
this should be an easy one for you ,ive got my service light on and i printed off the procedure to switch it off a while ago .ive got an 855 t5 m reg and the instructions are fine i just cant work out how to input the 1-5-1 code as there are no buttons as such to press just holes next to the numbers as if i need some sort of probe to push into them. have you got any ideas mate??? :slap:

splatt
Sunday 30th October 2005, 17:29
easy peasy lemon squeezy...

you will have the pre OBD diagnostic behind the offside headlight.
take the cover off, there should be 2 lots of sockets, a and b.

They are all numbered and the a sockets should have a lead on them (usually plugged into a dummy socket).
ignition on
fly lead (as above) into number 7 on the sockets
now theres a button also on the a set of sockets..press 4 times. there should then be a red LED that lights up on the socket by the button.
once the led is illuminated press button input the code 1,5,1 (where 1 is a button press, pause, 5 presses, pause) the LED should light up after each input and once done correctly will flash the input code back to you to show accepted.
Ignition off and then when it comes back on your service light worries will be over.
Done this myself and there is a knack to it so persevere. if it goes wrong, ignition off and then back on to start again...
good system I think as you can access all error codes with no special eqt...and then they gave us OBD2 :slap:

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 30th October 2005, 18:57
Reset reply from Splatt (http://www.volvot5.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5360)

Just incase anyone is stuck for an answer..

craig
Sunday 30th October 2005, 19:11
thanks splatt il give it ago now mate.

splatt
Sunday 30th October 2005, 19:21
Threads merged.....let us know how you get on craig...like I say..there is a knack to it but a good system..

craig
Sunday 30th October 2005, 19:26
Well cheers mate it worked 1st attempt .I owe you one

splatt
Sunday 30th October 2005, 19:30
Well cheers mate it worked 1st attempt .I owe you one
Excellent.....betterr service it now!!!