PDA

View Full Version : 940 2.0T Auto. MBC problem!

DanielRix
Tuesday 26th November 2013, 18:57
Ive recently fitted a MBC to my 2.0T wentworth, the gauge says its running about 10psi, after driving no more than a few miles it starts to smell hot and my turbo apears to be red hot!!!

HELP?!

smithy
Tuesday 26th November 2013, 19:27
Ive recently fitted a MBC to my 2.0T wentworth, the gauge says its running about 10psi, after driving no more than a few miles it starts to smell hot and my turbo apears to be red hot!!!

HELP?!
Have you got a boost gauge in it and afr gauge .the fueling is normally good on the afrs with the standard turbo.is the car overheating or anything like that

DanielRix
Tuesday 26th November 2013, 19:43
Havent got a AFR, yes the gauge reads 10psi, no the car isnt overheating :/

BoostWagon
Tuesday 26th November 2013, 19:45
i know my manifold and hotside glow and smell a little but that is when i drive it in boost (high rpm) for long periods

DanielRix
Tuesday 26th November 2013, 19:49
Mine does it on short drives? :/

artfulflounder
Tuesday 26th November 2013, 21:50
Had a quick dig about and don't know if this snippet from the volvo forums is anything.

Turbo Has Power Loss and Cherry Manifold: Knock Sensor. [Inquiry:] My 740t intermittently looses power and the exhaust manifold turns bright red. I don't know if the two are related but when the car was in the loss power mode I opened the hood one night to check for arcing wires and I noticed the manifold glowing.

[Response: Abe Crombie] Those are the symptoms of a knock sensor problem. The knock sensor may be bad but more likely the connector is the problem. When the ignition control unit detects no input from sensor the timing is retarded which is the safety from excessive spark knock but this does make engine power suffer and the delayed timing sends exhaust gas temp skyward.

Sure someone will be along with a better answer if not.....