PDA

View Full Version : Drivers door lock / Remote Locking

tonic110
Sunday 30th October 2005, 03:16
:wtf: Every time I lock the car ( S60 T5 ) with the remote fob, the drivers door lock button pops back up again, this is becoming quite annoying, as I have to use the key to get the button to go back down again. Sometimes when using the key, the button operates silently, and sometimes the door can be heard to lock,even though it tries to re-cycle most of the time. The lock seems to be completely out of sync with the rest of the locks, any suggestions?

splatt
Sunday 30th October 2005, 19:15
What have you done to eliminate problems (sticking lock/door pin?) as if the motor meets too much resistance it will return to unlock too.
Each motor will have a solenoid to make sure the motor cycles for the correct amount of time. perhaps this?

Theres no definative answer.

How old/how long have you had the car?...got any warranty with it?

david-m
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 07:23
My 2001 S60 T5 does the same except it is the passenger door,

Very frustrating!! Will have a look at it at the weekend and let you know the outcome.

t5owner
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 10:52
Mmmm,

Could be the locks failsafe messing up you know when you lock the doors but the keys are still in the motor and the car senses this and unlocks the door again twas just a thought perhaps a daft one at that

Cheers

MRT5c
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 11:24
i have this lock problem on and off happened for 2months. called Volvo and yes £225 to fix it, so thought ££££££££ i will live with it, and now its gone away?
i think after a minute or two they dead lock themselves anyway.

BrightonBreezy
Wednesday 2nd November 2005, 17:36
I've got this problem too with the rear offside passenger door. It almost seems to do the opposite of all the other locks. Maybe its a common phase 2 problem.
I've picked up a replacement 2nd-hand lock unit but have yet to fit it. I'll do it this coming weekend and let you know.
However, my experience with replacing electrically driven parts with 2nd-hand ones has not been good so far.

david-m
Thursday 3rd November 2005, 18:47
Well, Seeing as some inconsiderate ar$ehole decided to smash my drivers side wingmirror off (Denting the door in the process) :icon_soap: I decided to have a play. Took the door panel off and the dent popped out :bounce: .

Decided to go and make a celebratory cup of tea so went to lock the car and found that the remote didn't work so had to lock the drivers door with the key and lock the other doors manualy.

Came back 15 minutes later refitted the lot and now all the locks behave themselves!!!!! I wonder how long it will last???

Is this just a coincidence?

david-m
Wednesday 16th November 2005, 16:41
The fault has now reappeared :slap: so its off to Volvo.

david-m
Thursday 17th November 2005, 18:29
spoke to volvo, it is an acknowledged fault with the microswitch in the door lock. When the doors are locked the switch is saying that the door is open and so the pin pops back up. Volvo will pay 50% of the repair price £180 per door if your car is less than 4 years old.

Mine is 4 years and 2 months old :slap: