PDA

View Full Version : help needed

t5owners dan
Sunday 24th November 2013, 11:05
Hi all im having masses of issuses with my 97 v70 t5 its starting to miss fire badley on 1st start and the temp gauge is moving with in 10 sec of it starting now i had the thermostat changed about months ago same as the plugs iv bin looking all morning to find a full set of leads dizzy cap and coil but cannot find any for the 97 t5 all seam to be for none turbo i dont fancy getting had by main stealler as i can do this myself the thermostat is starting to worry me as it was a new stat and senser which cost a arm and a leg can any one help where to find these parts please thanks danny

T5frankie
Sunday 24th November 2013, 11:10
Hi all im having masses of issuses with my 97 v70 t5 its starting to miss fire badley on 1st start and the temp gauge is moving with in 10 sec of it starting now i had the thermostat changed about months ago same as the plugs iv bin looking all morning to find a full set of leads dizzy cap and coil but cannot find any for the 97 t5 all seam to be for none turbo i dont fancy getting had by main stealler as i can do this myself the thermostat is starting to worry me as it was a new stat and senser which cost a arm and a leg can any one help where to find these parts please thanks danny
just order them for an 850 t5 mate they are the same

stribo
Sunday 24th November 2013, 14:05

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=61_147_1048&products_id=2581

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=61_62&products_id=3646

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=61_761&products_id=4411

These are what I used on my C70 T5, but I didn't change the coil.

t5owners dan
Sunday 24th November 2013, 22:39
thanks for the links stribo im starting to think i may have to buy another engine for my car as the temp moving just after its started and only had a new thermostat and senser done 2 months ago may be time to change the lump lol thanks for the replys guys

Biff
Sunday 24th November 2013, 22:42
Could be your gauge dude.
When I had my faulty clocks in they used to get a dodgy signal & fly up to half??

stribo
Monday 25th November 2013, 07:09
thanks for the links stribo im starting to think i may have to buy another engine for my car as the temp moving just after its started and only had a new thermostat and senser done 2 months ago may be time to change the lump lol thanks for the replys guys

As Biff said, could be guage, or the temperature sender, much cheaper to change the sender before you change the engine.

t5owners dan
Tuesday 26th November 2013, 20:37
thanks all the clocks have bin changed and vosa and dvla informed as the the clocks stopped working so i know they are good there is the chance it could be the temp senser as it was changed 2 months ago with the thermostat but i think he didnt use volvo parts so im on ordering another one thanks all for the help