PDA

View Full Version : FTAO: Stephenevans99 Re: Your exhaust And other advice if poss :-)

Fubar1977
Sunday 24th November 2013, 10:48
Hi Stepehen

Found your thread a while back on having your PipeWerx stainless system fitted to the D5 and I was wondering how you`ve got on with it.

I`m in the market for a new stainless catback system on my D5 next year and they seemed to do a good job, are you still happy with it?
Other than that, any other recommendations from other forum members would be gratefully received.

I`m not really looking for much in the way of power/noise increases I`d just rather spend the money on a nice custom stainless system than put the (rather pricey imo) standard setup on it. I don`t have any blows or issues with my standard system at the moment but it does look a bit scabby and I suspect it will give me issues in the not too distant future.

Considering a DPF delete as well but I`m not totally sure this is the way to go in case future MOT regs might require it to be present, runs as clean as a whistle at the moment and gets good long fortnightly runs on top of my (short) work commute.

Car is a 2006 EU4 2.4D (163) and a remap may well be on the cards later next year too, funds allowing, as I`d like to bring it up to "proper D5" power or a little more if poss

Any advice gratefully received.

Thanks.

Fubar1977
Monday 25th November 2013, 19:36
Well, thanks anyway...

Sorry if I offended anyone, guess I'll try on VOC or T5D5.

Nealevo
Monday 25th November 2013, 19:42
Well, thanks anyway...

Sorry if I offended anyone, guess I'll try on VOC or T5D5.

Why don't you PM him and ask him straight, nobody ignores anyone on here on purpose, we are a very friendly bunch.

graemewelch
Monday 25th November 2013, 20:25
cat back is the same as the t5. £250 for a diesel.

stephenevans99
Monday 25th November 2013, 20:48
Wow...sorry for not getting back to you Promptly and immediately....Was out yesterday at 06:00 and didn't get back in until 19:00.

Exhaust is still perfect mate....apologies again for my tardy response

Nealevo
Monday 25th November 2013, 21:02
I should think so

Jamest5r
Monday 25th November 2013, 21:12
Yeah slack ass Mr99

stephenevans99
Monday 25th November 2013, 21:16
Yeah slack ass Mr99

pmsl.....that's my Call Sign at Fleetwood Docks

T5frankie
Monday 25th November 2013, 21:16
Yeah slack ass Mr99

you'd know

stephenevans99
Monday 25th November 2013, 21:31
Seriously though.....I'm still VERY happy with the exhaust system that PipeWerx made for me. Absolutely no problems whatsoever, their work was brilliant.

To be honest though, if I could turn back time....I'd probably just go for the CAT back rather than the Down Pipe and DeCat. I say this because I've not noticed any particular real increase in power - there may be a gain in there somewhere, but it's marginal and not noticeable. It sounds very nice though (for a Derv).

Mine is the 2004 EU3 D5 so obviously no DPF to contend with, I couldn't really comment of the repercussions of the DPF removal, although I have read that it can create its own set of problems.

PipeWerx were excellent to deal with and their work is of a very high standard, that said.....take a look at the systems Graeme Welch is producing - they're works of art.

I see Mr Welch has quoted £250 for a CAT back - that's an excellent price and I'm certain you won't find better quality. He's a good bloke too....talks funny, but still a good bloke ;) lol

Hope this helps.

Steve