PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running mte stage 2

nottsgreent5
Friday 22nd November 2013, 23:23
Hi all is there anyone running a mte stage 2 that could give me a peak boost level only asking as after rebuildig my engine with a freash head low millage block and a manual swap seems to be boosting a lot higher as a guess around 1.4 bar on a 16t theres no vac leaks just seems bit high to me any help would be great dont wanna rattle me rods lol

Jamest5r
Friday 22nd November 2013, 23:41
You just rebuilt your engine and didn't put forged rods In it?

jamesy12345
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 03:46
I've got a TME version but not sure about stage - maybe 2 or even 3. If they are the same maximum boost will be 17 psi or about 1.2 barg.

edit: 18 psi according to this post...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-19923.html

munster732
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 07:08
T5 Pete is your man, he was running one for years till recently.

don kalmar union
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 08:24
Hi all is there anyone running a mte stage 2 that could give me a peak boost level only asking as after rebuildig my engine with a freash head low millage block and a manual swap seems to be boosting a lot higher as a guess around 1.4 bar on a 16t theres no vac leaks just seems bit high to me any help would be great dont wanna rattle me rods lol

As the MTE distributor here in the UK I can hopefully tell you the answer.

Best if you can email me don@kalmar-union.com the year and model of your car, what physical changes you have made....better still the name of the owner before you if you bought it with the MTE stuff already installed.

Hopefully I can get you the answers.......

Regards, Don.

p fandango
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 08:31
You will want to be careful, it looks like MTE remove the overboost protection (heard the same from 2 sources now), so if you do have a boost control issue it will be bye bye engine before the ecu does anything about it

nottsgreent5
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 08:52
You just rebuilt your engine and didn't put forged rods In it?

Yes mate need the car up n running dont have the spare cash for rods at the moment sadley

jamesy12345
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 09:15
You will want to be careful, it looks like MTE remove the overboost protection (heard the same from 2 sources now), so if you do have a boost control issue it will be bye bye engine before the ecu does anything about it

Comment from Thomas at TME....in answer to my question about where does my map make peak torque......

...about 420 Nm at 4000 rpm. Peak hp at 5500 rpm. There is almost 400 Nm at 2100 rpm. Volvo tested 422 Nm and we had 430 Nm once but it was an overboost condition (1.35 bar). Not good for the engine.

T5frankie
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 09:36
I have one but can't Test it yet

nottsgreent5
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 11:37
Cheers for the advice guys ive emailed don to try and get some exact figures ill update when i know for sure whats what

nottsgreent5
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 20:03
Update for anyone intrested the stage 2 map on my car was written for a 15g with a aftrrmarket exhaust so could explain the rise in boost from a knackerd engine with a auto box to a healthy engine with a manual box still get restricted boost in 1st its just the gears after that seem a little high

T5frankie
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 20:06
Update for anyone intrested the stage 2 map on my car was written for a 15g with a aftrrmarket exhaust so could explain the rise in boost from a knackerd engine with a auto box to a healthy engine with a manual box still get restricted boost in 1st its just the gears after that seem a little high

If it's boosting to high and mine boosts lower I may swap you :funkybanad

nottsgreent5
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 20:14
Is yours a manual map or auto mate

T5frankie
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 20:26
Is yours a manual map or auto mate

Manual mate

nottsgreent5
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 20:45
Ok mate let me know how you go after running it in

glock19
Tuesday 26th November 2013, 08:04
A 16T in standard form is not able to boost to 1.4 bar unless you stiffen the W/G actuator or some of the BCS hoses are incorrectly fitted. Check W/G diaphragm & hoses and see if it's connected.

nottsgreent5
Tuesday 26th November 2013, 09:11
A 16T in standard form is not able to boost to 1.4 bar unless you stiffen the W/G actuator or some of the BCS hoses are incorrectly fitted. Check W/G diaphragm & hoses and see if it's connected.

I was thinking along the same lines is there away to set or check the actuator

glock19
Wednesday 27th November 2013, 01:58
Get a medium size syringe, plug it parallel to a boost meter with the actuator hose.
When pressuring the syringe, see if there is movement on the actuator, in comparisson to the boost meter. Some syringes might not hold pressure, so another device is the bicycle pump or radiator leak pressure tester.

T5frankie
Wednesday 27th November 2013, 05:15
Or put the standard map back in should be 10psi if it's more then slacken actuator rod