PDA

View Full Version : Blacky with a Painted mani, New header

merc85
Friday 22nd November 2013, 20:58
As above, painted the Mani on blacky after i put a new intake manifold gasket on, got carried away then decided the header tank needed changing out so got a new one of those. sorry about the poxy flash on the camera, couldnt turn it off lol

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/3664/5ff4.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/13/5ff4.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/8939/z2wm.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/600/z2wm.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

graemewelch
Friday 22nd November 2013, 21:03
nice tidy engine bay but why is the expansion cap wonky. i want to take it off and turn it 45 degrees

merc85
Friday 22nd November 2013, 21:06
nice tidy engine bay but why is the expansion cap wonky. i want to take it off and turn it 45 degrees

lol its not bud, just the camera angle, ;)

Biff
Friday 22nd November 2013, 21:07
Looking well dude. Mines been painted silver, how long will it last. Lol

merc85
Friday 22nd November 2013, 21:08
Looking well dude. Mines been painted silver, how long will it last. Lol

LOL dunno hopefully a while ;)

Kingsford G
Friday 22nd November 2013, 21:44
I`m the 1st one to see this mod lol and yes it does look nice with a nice finish and matches the rest of the piping.It was a good idea you cleanerholic :B_thumb: I bet she`s having the best treatment of her life.

stribo
Friday 22nd November 2013, 21:46
The header tank looks unpainted, but the topic is painted header, what's going on?

merc85
Friday 22nd November 2013, 21:50
The header tank looks unpainted, but the topic is painted header, what's going on?

did it so you had summit to talk about on this thread ;)

stribo
Friday 22nd November 2013, 22:05

Or was it so I could tell you it's a bloody manifold, not a header. :P

merc85
Friday 22nd November 2013, 22:11

its working :)

V70 Graham
Friday 22nd November 2013, 22:16
Hopefully it's still nice and shiny next Saturday for 'Ace Cafe'

merc85
Friday 22nd November 2013, 22:18
Hopefully it's still nice and shiny next Saturday for 'Ace Cafe'

if i havent broken it by then fingers crossed lol

T5frankie
Friday 22nd November 2013, 22:18
when are you breaking it? :uglyhamme

merc85
Friday 22nd November 2013, 22:20
when are you breaking it? :uglyhamme

dunno lol watch this space pmsl :)

T5frankie
Friday 22nd November 2013, 22:24
dunno lol watch this space pmsl :)

i would have thought you would have stuck some 850r interior in though, shem is breaking one

merc85
Friday 22nd November 2013, 22:27
i would have thought you would have stuck some 850r interior in though, shem is breaking one

Yeah but it would then look like im trying to copy a R which it aint in not and it never will be, Bin looking for some std black leather if a set comes up cheap enough i may, the cloth holds ya better than leather tbh and i find it more comfortable admitible it doesn't look as nice.

T5frankie
Friday 22nd November 2013, 22:30
Yeah but it would then look like im trying to copy a R which it aint in not and it never will be, Bin looking for some std black leather if a set comes up cheap enough i may, the cloth holds ya better than leather tbh and i find it more comfortable admitible it doesn't look as nice.

not about copying, you have already done that on the outside, the seats just look nicer

merc85
Friday 22nd November 2013, 22:32
not about copying, you have already done that on the outside, the seats just look nicer

no all ive done is fitted a front R bumper because i like the look of it. Seat wise yes they do look nicer.

oblark
Friday 22nd November 2013, 22:37
Have you thought about a V70R seats ?

merc85
Friday 22nd November 2013, 22:39
Have you thought about a V70R seats ?

Yes buddy, and i do really like them, the problem is Blacky hasnt got the loom/cant find the loom to plug the electric seats into. :(

oblark
Friday 22nd November 2013, 22:41
Yes buddy, and i do really like them, the problem is Blacky hasnt got the loom/cant find the loom to plug the electric seats into. :(

All you need for the electric seats is a switched live :)

And the manifold looks good :)

merc85
Friday 22nd November 2013, 22:42
All you need for the electric seats is a switched live :)

lol seriously bud im useless with electric's id probably end up with a fire... Crispy t5 anyone?? lol

T5frankie
Friday 22nd November 2013, 22:46
lol seriously bud im useless with electric's id probably end up with a fire... Crispy t5 anyone?? lol

im the same, nuts and bolts ok, wiring on a car..useless lol

Biff
Friday 22nd November 2013, 23:37
It would be easy to wire them in Gav.
I was going to suggest v70r or even just the v70 t5 half leather/alcantara as it's plain & you won't be a "wanna be" if you got it. Would match your clocks too.
I'm tempted to sack my seats off & put in my leather recaros & go full black leather but I fear upsetting the purists. ;)

graemewelch
Friday 22nd November 2013, 23:37
im with them to. wiring is a nightmare

merc85
Friday 22nd November 2013, 23:40
It would be easy to wire them in Gav.
I was going to suggest v70r or even just the v70 t5 half leather/alcantara as it's plain & you won't be a "wanna be" if you got it. Would match your clocks too.
I'm tempted to sack my seats off & put in my leather recaros & go full black leather but I fear upsetting the purists. ;)

Let me know if you dont want your interior anymore lol, The thing is i do have 2 front v70r seats OMG! lol

Biff
Friday 22nd November 2013, 23:46
Let me know if you dont want your interior anymore lol, The thing is i do have 2 front v70r seats OMG! lol

Mines cream mate & the foamman has dibbs on my rears. I give up looking for a black v70r interior not to far away so thinking of using what I have & sourcing black dash, door cards, pillar trim & a rear seat. I'll spray my carpets. Lol

AndysR
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 17:37
Inlet matched to the hoses, I did the same ;)

Looks good anyway and wiring isn't an issue you just need to man up more ;)

T5frankie
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 17:44
Inlet matched to the hoses, I did the same ;)

Looks good anyway and wiring isn't an issue you just need to man up more ;)

i did that months ago lol

AndysR
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 17:47
i did that months ago lol

So did I ;)

T5frankie
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 17:49
So did I ;)

how many people have done white with white though?

AndysR
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 17:55
how many people have done white with white though?

Not sure, none of us heterosexuals anyway...

Just kidding, yours looks good but the upkeep must be a nightmare and from experience most of the silicone hoses will discolour over time so you'll probably end up with cream hoses in a year or so's time, but then you will have sold or broken it by then so no dramas really...lol

merc85
Saturday 23rd November 2013, 17:56
lol yeah found that with my WHITE block lol its gone dull already lol