PDA

View Full Version : Dstc

Craigtange
Thursday 14th November 2013, 21:28
Hi all

I was out driving earlier today, I was accelerating hard 1st,2nd,3rd. I had a lot of front wheel spin and the car pulling to the left. I thought the DSTC system should control situations like this. I have a 2005 v70 r awd. The four-c was on the sport settings.

Just a bit clueless as I thought this shouldn't really happen :( any advice is much appreciated

Harvey
Thursday 14th November 2013, 21:38
Hi all

I was out driving earlier today, I was accelerating hard 1st,2nd,3rd. I had a lot of front wheel spin and the car pulling to the left. I thought the DSTC system should control situations like this. I have a 2005 v70 r awd. The four-c was on the sport settings.

Just a bit clueless as I thought this shouldn't really happen :( any advice is much appreciated

Err.. That sounds like the AWD system is not working,you're sure the tyres pressures are ok,not got racing slicks on,there wasn't any diesel on the road or the likes.
When I floor my it just digs in and goes.

Ps this post should be in the phase 2 cars bit.

T5RatherAmusin
Thursday 14th November 2013, 21:44
sound like an angle gear problem

Craigtange
Thursday 14th November 2013, 21:55
I did notice today when I was washing it that the tyres did look a little soft I will check first thing tomorrow. The roads up here are always slick, with tractors and lorries constantly driving on them. It was fine in 3rd but pretty bad in 1st and 2nd. Better have a look and see if someone has robbed my prop shaft :)

Craigtange
Thursday 14th November 2013, 22:05
sound like an angle gear problem

Hi there, sorry to sound stupid. What do you mean by angle gear?

Cheers

stribo
Thursday 14th November 2013, 22:12
The angle gear is like a transfer box, sending power to the rear wheels when the fronts lose grip. Our R gives a bit of torque steer, until the computer takes over and shunts power to the back wheels, even with the traction control turned totally off. It sounds as if you have a front wheel drive R unfortunately, but it may not necessarily be the angle gear, it could be the AWD control unit, which locks the rear axle to the prop shaft. Either way, it's not going to be cheap, sorry.

Harvey
Thursday 14th November 2013, 22:15
Also try this. Don't try to guess what's wrong you do need to get the codes down loaded.
this list should should give a little bit more info if there is any loged in the car but not in any detail.

Diagnostic Information for S60, V70 and S80
By Philippe Bruno, B.Eng. and Shawn Deonarine
To show diagnostic information in the text window:
Turn key to position II or start the engine.
Press and hold down [READ] on the turn signal lever, and press the rear fog light
button 3 times quickly.
Press [READ] to advance to the next item.
Text Window
Description
CHECKING DTCS
Checking the Diagnostics Trouble Codes.
DTCS IN VEHICLE
Diagnostics Trouble Codes present in vehicle.
DTCS IN VEHICLE
BCM DTC SET
Brake Control Module.
DTCS IN VEHICLE
SAS CHECKING
Steering Wheel Angle Sensor.
DTCS IN VEHICLE
SRS CHECKING
Safety Restraint System
DTCS IN VEHICLE
ECM DTC SET
Engine Control Module
DTCS IN VEHICLE
AUM READY
Audio Module
DTCS IN VEHICLE
CEM DTC SET
Center Control Module
DTCS IN VEHICLE
DIM READY
Driver Information Module
DTCS IN VEHICLE
DDM DTC SET
Driver Door Module
DTCS IN VEHICLE
CCM CHECKING
Climate Control Module
DTCS IN VEHICLE
PDM DTC SET
Passenger Door Module
DTCS IN VEHICLE
PSM CHECKING
Front Seat Module
DTCS IN VEHICLE
REM CHECKING
Rear Electric Module
DTCS IN VEHICLE
SWM READY
Steering Wheel Module
DTCS IN VEHICLE
UEM READY
Upper Electronic Module

Craigtange
Thursday 14th November 2013, 22:36
Great :( bring back my old v70 r fwd. I will do some investigating tomorrow and let you know how I get on, thanks for the input guys

Regards Craig

Harvey
Friday 15th November 2013, 17:05
Any news ?.

T5frankie
Friday 15th November 2013, 17:19
get it on some grass and see if the 4wd is working

Harvey
Friday 15th November 2013, 17:22

Thats the easy thing to do.

M-R-P
Friday 15th November 2013, 17:29

like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO0GRpvh95A

Harvey
Friday 15th November 2013, 17:33
Now who would do something like that then.....

M-R-P
Friday 15th November 2013, 17:35
I hope it's nobody on the forum...

LiamT4
Friday 15th November 2013, 17:38
like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IO0GRpvh95A

Bloody chavs!

Craigtange
Saturday 16th November 2013, 18:52
Hi guys, sorry for lack of communication. I am pulling my hair out over this. The only message showing up says my in car phone needs updated. So today I went out for a drive and all seemed to be fine loads of power and grip and a smiley face. Then when I head back into town it's started doing it again. Need to find a grass field I think. Is there anyone that anyone knows that I could call about this for advice and another few questions.

Thanks guys

T5RatherAmusin
Saturday 16th November 2013, 19:09
if you can- get it up off all 4s and let it roll in gear- see if the rears spin...

graemewelch
Saturday 16th November 2013, 19:12
Bloody chavs!

as if the awd system isnt weak enough. not going to last long driving like that.

stribo
Saturday 16th November 2013, 19:42
as if the awd system isnt weak enough. not going to last long driving like that.

Has JamesT5 hacked Graeme's account? ;)

graemewelch
Saturday 16th November 2013, 19:48
Has JamesT5 hacked Graeme's account? ;)

haha im off to start another post saying im in a huff and never coming back

stribo
Saturday 16th November 2013, 19:54
Bye :wave23d:

Santa
Saturday 16th November 2013, 20:05
It is sounding like there is little power going to the rear wheels.................

The usual suspects are Spline (Collar gear), Angle gear (transfer gear) or the DEM controller (The controller hanging off the rear AOC). Everything else is generally reliable.

Jack the car up with it rolling in gear as suggested...........see if the prop shaft turns and the rear wheels.

Do you know if the Angle gear and AOC oil has ever been replaced?

Spinning up all four wheels on a surface can cause accelerated clutch and other component ware..............only do so if you are child trying to impress others or can afford breakages.

graemewelch
Saturday 16th November 2013, 20:07
Bye :wave23d:

if i leave i wont be back. anyway im off to buy some stuff on ebay to see if i waste 2k and still have a shed

stribo
Saturday 16th November 2013, 20:13
You won't leave, you need our business. :lol:

Craigtange
Monday 18th November 2013, 01:45
Ok, I am putting this down to really bad roads that we have up here, being super slippy. When I am on main roads etc. it just takes off. I am going to stick it into Volvo for a service soon so I will get them to check it. Is it recommended to get Volvo to service it or do it myself as I normally do. Would be nice to keep the full Volvo service history I suppose

stribo
Monday 18th November 2013, 07:04
We took ours to an indie to get them to service the angle gear, ours had a leak, so needed resealing.