PDA

View Full Version : ok first frost morning ang guess what

thesoundcriminal
Wednesday 13th November 2013, 06:47
Really looking forward to my first cold drive in the volvo and guess what the bloody heaters only blowing out cold air

what have I done.

stribo
Wednesday 13th November 2013, 10:33
Turn the heated seat on.;)

thesoundcriminal
Wednesday 13th November 2013, 12:00
lol thanks for that hehehe

Harvey
Wednesday 13th November 2013, 12:48
Really looking forward to my first cold drive in the volvo and guess what the bloody heaters only blowing out cold air

what have I done.

Still set on cold from the summer.

thesoundcriminal
Wednesday 13th November 2013, 13:00
hahaha no mate been using it for ages and this morning it just decided not to work .

smithy
Wednesday 13th November 2013, 13:37
We're was the temp on the car

Harvey
Wednesday 13th November 2013, 13:52
So is the blower fan working ,coolant level ok ,antifreeze mix in use not just water.
How cold was it first thing ,thermostat stuck open .

partsforvolvos.com
Wednesday 13th November 2013, 15:16
on a 940 , i hazard a guess at the heater valve being stuck ?
used to sell alot of them

thesoundcriminal
Thursday 14th November 2013, 11:24
ok update its an intermittent problem temp on car is normal in middle, so guess its probably the valve thing any photos or instructions on how to replace it plz

Although the coolant does look pretty mucky It did when I got it and was wondering if it could be the head gasket but I done about 1000 miles and not had any overheating issues .

smithy
Thursday 14th November 2013, 13:51
ok update its an intermittent problem temp on car is normal in middle, so guess its probably the valve thing any photos or instructions on how to replace it plz

Although the coolant does look pretty mucky It did when I got it and was wondering if it could be the head gasket but I done about 1000 miles and not had any overheating issues .
Change the water and re antifreeze the car mate if you had blown the head gasket you would defo know .wilst you are there put a 88 degree thermostate in there too .

thesoundcriminal
Thursday 14th November 2013, 15:24
Thanks

BoostWagon
Thursday 14th November 2013, 19:00
Lol exactly the same as mine this morning, replaced the valve and thermostat, job done and now hot as a swedish sweatbox :)

thesoundcriminal
Friday 15th November 2013, 09:56
ok so how do you to that then spill the beans

BoostWagon
Friday 15th November 2013, 18:39
ok so how do you to that then spill the beans

I used this manual, worked for me :)

There are more things in the manual aswell that might be usefull ;)

http://www.volvoclub.org.uk/faq/HeatingAirConditioning.html#WaterValveReplacement

thesoundcriminal
Monday 18th November 2013, 13:53
mine is an automatic so i not got a manual :)

Dangerous Dave
Tuesday 19th November 2013, 11:33
Mine had a similar problem, when I turned it to full hot so it would stay on hot and wouldn't go cold. A clip had broken meaning the plastic lever didn't engage with the cable lever. TBH the heater valves are cheaply made and crap, but still cost a packet to buy.