PDA

View Full Version : P1 V70 heater problems

Kingsford G
Tuesday 5th November 2013, 08:52
I`m having problems with my heater on the initial start from cold taking time before the hot air start blowing and it feels like aicon in the begining tho the light is lid on off position.It would take about 20-25 min for the hot air to come.I`m thinking it might be a cabin temp sensor but might be wrong.Anyone else had this problem?

M-R-P
Tuesday 5th November 2013, 08:54
Stuck thermostat, stopping warm coolant getting to the heater matrix?

Kingsford G
Tuesday 5th November 2013, 10:02
Stuck thermostat, stopping warm coolant getting to the heater matrix?

Heater pipes are hot mate and the stat is new.You can smell that aircon air coming in when its not heating.Thinking the cabin temp sensor is clogged up but not 100% on that.

stribo
Tuesday 5th November 2013, 10:33
Take the fuse out for the air con, and make sure the clutch is disengaging on the compressor.

960kg
Tuesday 5th November 2013, 12:07
As what others have said but try removing and cleaning the sensor just to the right of the radio unit in the dash....you have to slide out the radio so you can get your fingers behind and push it out....probably it`s full of fluff!

Kingsford G
Tuesday 5th November 2013, 12:12
Take the fuse out for the air con, and make sure the clutch is disengaging on the compressor.
Good idea mate.

As what others have said but try removing and cleaning the sensor just to the right of the radio unit in the dash....you have to slide out the radio so you can get your fingers behind and push it out....probably it`s full of fluff!
Sprayed a contact cleaner cos as u said it was full of fluff on the sensor wire.Will give it a go shortly.

Kingsford G
Tuesday 5th November 2013, 17:10
No luck so far:(

stribo
Tuesday 5th November 2013, 17:24
Check the blender valve's working as it should.

Kingsford G
Tuesday 5th November 2013, 18:32
Check the blender valve's working as it should.

I could hear the motor working

stribo
Tuesday 5th November 2013, 19:38
Could be the matrix has scaled up, try a descaler in it.