PDA

View Full Version : in car phone

Craigtange
Monday 4th November 2013, 22:15
hi there,

does anyone know if getting rid of the in car phone is as simple as just taking it out and replacing it with a boost gauge or cup holder. also what is the recommendations as to head units I have the hu-850, is it better to replace with an after-market one or just go with a grom or such likes.

thanks craig

M-R-P
Monday 4th November 2013, 22:29
removing the phone will register a code in the cem but there's no visible warnings or lights. if the stereo is an amplified system (amp under the drivers seat) then it'll probably be easier to fit a grom. the factory speakers are pretty good

V70 Graham
Monday 4th November 2013, 23:09
+1 for the Grom, had mine 18 months now and it's never put a foot wrong.

Harvey
Monday 4th November 2013, 23:14
Your car should have a on-call buttons on the panel,if it has not a good idear to remove it.
If you crash you car it will phone up the on-call call centre and tell them where you are via the gps,logs max g force and lots of other things.

I will be removing a grom unit from my motor to fit a imiv unit.

Craigtange
Monday 4th November 2013, 23:31
I heard the imiv units are a bit more advanced, song name etc shows up on head unit display. They seem pretty hard to get a hold of though. Must be a high demand for them.

Harvey
Monday 4th November 2013, 23:53
I heard the imiv units are a bit more advanced, song name etc shows up on head unit display. They seem pretty hard to get a hold of though. Must be a high demand for them.

No it's more the cost I think,if you have a iPhone it's a nice bit of kit.but it's not a phone kit.

Craigtange
Tuesday 5th November 2013, 14:08
No it's more the cost I think,if you have a iPhone it's a nice bit of kit.but it's not a phone kit.

I am working in the USA at the moment, I picked myself up one of those IPD, Grom ones with Bluetooth and aux out for an iPod etc, hopefully it will do the job. Supposedly the Bluetooth is very good....at least the salesman says anyway :)

M-R-P
Tuesday 5th November 2013, 14:35
I am working in the USA at the moment, I picked myself up one of those IPD, Grom ones with Bluetooth and aux out for an iPod etc, hopefully it will do the job. Supposedly the Bluetooth is very good....at least the salesman says anyway :)

I've experienced the bluetooth on the grom and it's very good. Not as multi-talented as some of the latest kit but exceptional quality.