PDA

View Full Version : 850 coilover recommendations?

charlie-r
Sunday 3rd November 2013, 23:05
Looking at fitting coilovers On the 850, seen the pro sports at £240 but don't wanna sacrifice comfort too much. Are they as bad as they look and worth spending a bit more, or are they actually alright and worth a punt? Don't mind spending the extra if it means they're quite comfortable.

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 3rd November 2013, 23:15
Coil overs and good ride don't go together..

Nealevo
Monday 4th November 2013, 07:17
I brought some, did approx 10 miles and put them in the bin....... i did have it quite low and im sure that if you had it at normal ride hight they would be ok, but whats the point in that!!!

Ive been in a car with the more expensive option and they were much better

p fandango
Monday 4th November 2013, 07:56
Coil overs and good ride don't go together..
They can with the right springs. That's the benefit of coil-overs, if your not happy change to a softer/harder spring to get how u want

stribo
Monday 4th November 2013, 10:03
I have the Pro Sport ones on my C70, yes you do sacrifice ride comfort, but the handling improvement more than makes up for it.

charlie-r
Monday 4th November 2013, 11:57
Well I've been in a couple if cara with KW variant 2's/3's and they ride amazingly, but can't afford those, been looking at fk's anyone had any experience with them?

thunderace
Monday 4th November 2013, 12:29
I use BC's on my 855 and they give a good firm but supple ride and the handling is excellent. Much better than previous Koni yellows.

JUDGENINJA
Monday 4th November 2013, 22:28
I've got FK's on my V40 and they are rubbish. Rock hard going over potholes, squidgy when cornering. I'd save a bit of money and spend a bit more..

merc85
Monday 4th November 2013, 23:49
Ive got pro sport on mine to, If you have them to low the ride is damm hairy lol, but if you have them adjusted halfway there pritty good. and bloody awesome on the twisties.

Think im with stribo on these lol but if you could adjust the rebound and dampening they would be pukka :)