PDA

View Full Version : Clutch and SMF for 2001 C70 (m56)

officerbrooks
Wednesday 30th October 2013, 10:14
Help needed! My car has smoked the standard clutch due to high levels of torque and I need to identify the best upgrade route and and source the parts.
The usual routes have hit a dead end, Helix can't supply, I can't contact Kalmar Union and AP racing say they don't have anything.
Any suggestions please?
Thanks
Tim

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 30th October 2013, 17:29
I am using an uprate sachs motorsport clutch. Bit heavier on the left leg than standard but it doesn't slip.

Ran a solid 450NM for most of the rev range and it ideally supports my other modifications.

stribo
Wednesday 30th October 2013, 17:31
I am using an uprate sachs motorsport clutch. Bit heavier on the left leg than standard but it doesn't slip.

Ran a solid 450NM for most of the rev range and it ideally supports my other modifications.

Especially at the moment.;) On a serious note are you running that with a SMF or DMF?

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 30th October 2013, 17:35
:cry:
Too cruel - just too cruel :P

The new build will involve the TTV DMF direct replacement (so it will be SMF). Up to and just before my lovely race engine expired I was running an OEM Volvo DMF.

stribo
Wednesday 30th October 2013, 17:54
I'm coming for you next year, just bought another turbo. :)

graemewelch
Wednesday 30th October 2013, 17:57
hope its a angled one so you can use your other downpipe

stribo
Wednesday 30th October 2013, 17:58
hope its a angled one so you can use your other downpipe

It is :D

graemewelch
Wednesday 30th October 2013, 18:07
going to be good on the strip next year

officerbrooks
Wednesday 30th October 2013, 18:16
Thanks for your post Wobbly Dave, I can source a TTV SMF can you tell me what reference no to use and where to get the sachs clutch?
Thanks

Wobbly Dave
Wednesday 30th October 2013, 19:11
Hamish @ HLM, Bromsgrove (http://www.hlmtuning.co.uk/) got me the clutch - I added it when I put the quaiffe diff in. i sourced the TTV SMF from Don @ Kalmar Union (http://kalmar-union.com/). I just told him what gearbox I had. He has them in stock.