PDA

View Full Version : Just done another video from rear bumper 1.2 bar

thesoundcriminal
Wednesday 23rd October 2013, 14:57
Posted this in the video section but been thinking. Not all of the smoke is tire smoke, fair bit coming from engine on boost is that normal.

totally loving it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZR5YucpYZTE&feature=youtu.be

Biff
Wednesday 23rd October 2013, 15:15
Video unavailable mate.

M-R-P
Wednesday 23rd October 2013, 15:25
works for me :)

Note how the smoke gets blacker as the video goes on...?

Not good mate, I think you'll be changing the turbo before you change the tyres at that rate.

graemewelch
Wednesday 23rd October 2013, 15:34
black smoke is normaly means its over fueling

V70 Graham
Wednesday 23rd October 2013, 15:40
black smoke is normaly means its over fueling

He's spot on ya know.....

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2013/01/what-does-the-smoke-from-my-exhaust-mean.html

thesoundcriminal
Wednesday 23rd October 2013, 16:02
ok so whats that mean I read somewhere that the ecu learns and adjusts. I suppose I got to give it more time, I just done the mbc .

smithy
Wednesday 23rd October 2013, 16:55
Back the mbc off abit and let the Ecu learn also clean your maf .940s tend to overfuel on boost anyway but not by a lot .also get the back box off you car and decat or racecat it .you will get more performance at lower boost with them mods than you are now running 1.2 bar .you must be close to fuel cut/boost cut .you need a slightly bigger turbo like a 16t will do you fine .

thesoundcriminal
Wednesday 23rd October 2013, 17:32
I have backed it off a bit actually. I'll keep doing that till I notice a obvious drop off in performance. Thanks guys again

mitchyboy01
Wednesday 23rd October 2013, 18:33
Regarding the black smoke, it's usually overfuelling. I know the management is much different from my T4 but on the T4 using a stock intercooler, the intake temps begin to rise a lot from prolonged boost or low speed, high rpm driving. The ECU senses this and fuel dumps as a safety measure to help cool the charge into the cylinders.

Ps awesome vid, so many people tune their cars then drive for maximum mpg lol gotta give it death every now and then.

thesoundcriminal
Wednesday 23rd October 2013, 20:11
I`ve just done a taxi run for a two mates down the pub and blown their minds both of them saying got to sell my car and get one of these one is a mechanic so project starts here :pimp2:

smithy
Wednesday 23rd October 2013, 20:21
I best watch myself with all these rwd projects going on .you are already beating my 140 bhp target lol

BoostWagon
Wednesday 23rd October 2013, 20:36
looks good, i see a tandem coming in the future ;)

do you still have a open diff?

Jamest5r
Wednesday 23rd October 2013, 21:49
Buy this 15g mate its conical so will fit your dp after clocking cheap mod for the next level :)

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?53096-Clear-out-850-parts

smithy
Wednesday 23rd October 2013, 22:02
Buy this 15g mate its conical so will fit your dp after clocking cheap mod for the next level :)

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?53096-Clear-out-850-parts

How do you know all this stuff you are a wealth of knowledge mate.do what James says mate they are surposed to go very well with this upgrade from what I have seen in YouTube

mitchyboy01
Wednesday 23rd October 2013, 22:19
I`ve just done a taxi run for a two mates down the pub and blown their minds both of them saying got to sell my car and get one of these one is a mechanic so project starts here :pimp2:

I love them and actually nearly bought a modded 940 from someone on here last year. He decided to keep it last minute I was gutted but my T4 has been great so maybe a blessing I don't know.

Watch out Smithy he's coming for ya.

smithy
Wednesday 23rd October 2013, 23:36
I love them and actually nearly bought a modded 940 from someone on here last year. He decided to keep it last minute I was gutted but my T4 has been great so maybe a blessing I don't know.

Watch out Smithy he's coming for ya.

He has already overtook me mate

thesoundcriminal
Thursday 24th October 2013, 06:29
LOL I really don't think so but I am going to try my best I have decided on 300 bhp