PDA

View Full Version : tyre debate!

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Friday 28th October 2005, 08:19
hello everybody,

i am concerned about the time my tyres last,at the moment i travel to work,and around the uk,with a trailer(race car) on the back,and i average about 3000 miles a month.........

am i expecting too much,because i am getting through a set of tyres(front only) every month!!!!!!!

i have not changed the back for ages,because they never need changing,

what's your opinion guys.
and what do you get out of a set of fronts?

thanks

p.s.the last pair i had were fulda's

lance
Friday 28th October 2005, 10:39
I got 13000 miles out of some BF goodridge purchased from Leicester.

Murphy
Friday 28th October 2005, 11:06
That lance is a miracle - I have seen you drive ! :jaw:

HuskMan
Friday 28th October 2005, 11:41
Lance is crafty with his tyres. :wink:

He treats them like his underpants. :pants: When they're slightly worn he turns them around and then inside out - three times the wear! :troutslap

Plus he gets slicks and skids for the final few months... :slap: I'll get my coat...

dan_burdock
Friday 28th October 2005, 12:43
I get around 6000 on the front. 20000 on the back and still counting :nutkick:

chriskay
Friday 28th October 2005, 12:48
am i expecting too much,because i am getting through a set of tyres(front only) every month!!!!!!!

Try buying new ones instead of those half-worn ones from the breakers yard. :) Seriously, I've just had 14,000 miles from P6000's on the front.
Cheers, Chris.

fireclown
Friday 28th October 2005, 14:28
if you tow a trailer mate it will cane your front tyres. but a rear wheel drive or 4x4 for towing.

lance
Friday 28th October 2005, 15:34
Lance is crafty with his tyres. :wink:

He treats them like his underpants. :pants: When they're slightly worn he turns them around and then inside out - three times the wear! :troutslap

Plus he gets slicks and skids for the final few months... :slap: I'll get my coat...

Lol but no, I didnt swap them round at all!

JUDGENINJA
Sunday 30th October 2005, 01:49
About 6-8000 front, 12-16000 rear....
Millenium Stars ZR all the way for me......

siamblue
Sunday 30th October 2005, 02:21
About 6-8000 front, 12-16000 rear....
Millenium Stars ZR all the way for me......

I got 4k out of some Conti Contact sports. will let you know how i get on with the Dunlop SP9000's when i get them fitted.

TEAMWAYSIDE21
Sunday 30th October 2005, 10:40
hi guys,one of those posts said 14,000 miles!
wow,you must have those slippers and flat cap on your passenger seat!

that's why i think i get through so many tyres,bacause i treat my tyres so badly,doing handbrake turns,backward doughnuts,and racing around the place,very immature,but that's what i do for a living,so it can be expected...

thanks for the replys,and i am going to invest in some tyres,and keep an eye on them..........................

chriskay
Sunday 30th October 2005, 11:26
hi guys,one of those posts said 14,000 miles!
wow,you must have those slippers and flat cap on your passenger seat!

That would be me. Those miles included a session at Millbrook, one at Bruntingthorpe, 1/2 day at Angelsea & 5 laps of the Nurburgring. :B_steerin
The reason I get that mileage is that I may drive fast, but have a lot of car sympathy. It is possible to corner fast without scrubbing rubber off. It's the same reason my brakes seem to last for ever; I don't have to use them much. It all makes the £1000 it cost me for the High Performance Course seem much better value. Oh, I do keep a trilby hat in the car. I sometimes put it on when I decide to blow away some chav at the lights. :troutslap
Cheers, Chris.

lance
Sunday 30th October 2005, 17:04
On those very tyres I have chased a porche 911 turbo ,and beaten Boxters, southhampton to Nottingham in 2 hours , Beaten 2 subaru imprezzas of the lights, and done loads of wheel spinning, general nutter driving , I also did 3 runs at avon park but my 143k clutch stopped me doing more, I also have hit 156 mph speedo speed on em! (private runway)
My rears I bought at the same time so I will report back on those.

Oh yes i did a o-60 test of 5.6 secs new turbo and 0-65 6.3 secs old turbo , not sure how acurate these tests were.

No grandad driving here apart from built up areas and heavily conjested roads or If ive got Mrs and Baby in the car.

Defo would recomend BF Goodridge on performance wet and dry and most of all price.