PDA

View Full Version : My v70 p2 T5

Rnash2002
Saturday 19th October 2013, 12:56
Ok so i bought a W plate volvo v70 t5 and payed the grand sum of £900 for her.
She drives so smooth and if i honest ive used the cruise control more than giving her some stick lol.
Well she was totally stock when i got her and has a few issues i need to sort out but nothing too expensive i hope,need to remove the tow bar and electric connection.

Ok my plans well as much power as possible lol but that wont be for a while, exhaust and a map will have to do this year then maybe next year some more mods and power.
For the looks i want to get her dropped a little and replace and repair some doors/panels to get her looking mint.

So far ive replaced the 17"s with some Neb 18"s that i gave a quick refurb to as were looking crap in silver, sprayed the grill black, ive also fitted a boost gauge in the drivers vent a cone filter in the old air box and a manual boost controller in place of the standard one but its only running standard boost but defo helps the boost come in alot quicker as standard i thought it was pritty shocking, yes it has flaged up the emissions light but i know its nothing major, will put standard controller back in when i get her mapped.

Ok i know how you all like pictures so heres how she looks now after a good clean and polish.

Rnash2002
Saturday 19th October 2013, 12:58
More :)

graemewelch
Saturday 19th October 2013, 13:06
nice looking motor. the nebs realy suite the car. certainly dosnt look a w plate going by the condition. it might be as high as MRP's plod machine was. any plans to lower it

M-R-P
Saturday 19th October 2013, 13:14
another inch and a half at the back and it'll be mistaken for an ex plod lol.

nice work there mate, it's nice to see another old p2 getting some love. you should be ok to turn the mbc up to 14-16 psi with no dramas too.

stribo
Saturday 19th October 2013, 13:15
Looking good, that's a lot of car for the money.

M-R-P
Saturday 19th October 2013, 13:15
oh, you got a bolt missing on the front of your rip pipe ;)

AndysR
Saturday 19th October 2013, 13:19
Looks like a nice base for your plans, the wheels really look well in that colour against the silver bodywork. Be interesting to see what you end up with judging by your 850 I think we've got lots to look forward too :)

Rnash2002
Saturday 19th October 2013, 13:23
nice looking motor. the nebs realy suite the car. certainly dosnt look a w plate going by the condition. it might be as high as MRP's plod machine was. any plans to lower it
Defo on the too do list lol,want the alloys to just fill the arch then will be happy.

another inch and a half at the back and it'll be mistaken for an ex plod lol.

nice work there mate, it's nice to see another old p2 getting some love. you should be ok to turn the mbc up to 14-16 psi with no dramas too.

Tryed that with it in line with the standard one and couldnt get it past 0.9 bar in 3rd and 1st /2nd stayed the same lol dare not try it higher with just the mbc in there :(

oh, you got a bolt missing on the front of your rip pipe ;)
Yep seen that lol, will probably get overlooked for now.

Jim S70R
Saturday 19th October 2013, 13:24
Nice looking car you've got yourself!!

Dangerous Dave
Saturday 19th October 2013, 13:32
Very nice matey, bargain buy there :D

V70 Graham
Saturday 19th October 2013, 13:56
That does look good.....reminds me I need a boost gauge.

smithy
Saturday 19th October 2013, 14:43
Defo on the too do list lol,want the alloys to just fill the arch then will be happy.

Tryed that with it in line with the standard one and couldnt get it past 0.9 bar in 3rd and 1st /2nd stayed the same lol dare not try it higher with just the mbc in there :(

Yep seen that lol, will probably get overlooked for now.
Tighten the actuator might be abit loose or weak

merc85
Saturday 19th October 2013, 15:02
looking very smart, and nice to see a ph2 project for a change

jdavis
Saturday 19th October 2013, 17:42
Looks very nice that. i'm liking the black grille. Love the Nebs, they're the wheels i want for mine.

T5frankie
Saturday 19th October 2013, 18:45
wheels won't make it quicker like my 19t would have done :uglyhamme

Rnash2002
Friday 25th October 2013, 17:32
Well a little update.
Bought my self some lowering springs for the old girl also 2 drop links for the front and rear also as well as a top mount for drivers side that keeps making a squeeking noise.
Ok so made a start the other day to find i couldnt get one of the nuts off the drivers shock so gave up.Went to volvo and ordered the nut x2 and also ordered 2 new shocks as i think the noise is comming from there and not the top mount.
Well went to a garage to see the price to fit the springs and they wanted £90 for the backs and £120 for the fronts, not a chance so made a start on the backs today then was going to wait for the new front shocks then finish with the fronts.
Ok so made a start and with the help of a thread on here got one spring out :)
And yes the bottle jack was used lol.

So theres me a pleased as punch with my self only to discover the motor factors i got the springs from had given me the wrong ones :( and then to top it off they cant get any others.................................
So luckly i managed to contact PFV and ordered ones from there, payed the extra and hopefully gettting them delivered tomorrow before 12 so i can finish off the backs.

Anyway one thing thats made me happy is the rear shocks were replaced around 10k ago also the front bottem arms also replaced so once i get the 2 new front shocks in i shouldnt have to worry about the suspension for a good while :)

Anyway will update with more pics once parts come and i hopefully get finished with time :) :)

smithy
Friday 25th October 2013, 18:00
Could you imagine what the bill from garage would of been you having the wrong springs with storage and more hours of labour

Rnash2002
Friday 25th October 2013, 20:10
Could you imagine what the bill from garage would of been you having the wrong springs with storage and more hours of labour
I hate to think, glad im doing it my self now.
Just done the other side so just need to get right springs and put all the rest of the stuff back lol.Just hope the fronts are ok ;)

martybelfastt5
Friday 25th October 2013, 20:25
looks good with the nebs

AndysR
Friday 25th October 2013, 21:59
Nice work so far Russ :)

Rnash2002
Thursday 31st October 2013, 09:01
Ok little update!!!

So these came that i have been waiting for.

So made a start got one side fitted but after taking apart the drivers shock discovered a badly worn spring seat................... so car in bits now have to order one of them before i can put back together, well least i know it wont knock now once put back together lol.
O must also have a look at the passanger side rear spring as it seems to be sitting higher than the drivers rear by about 8mm.

Ok this was also in a box that came.

A very nice k24 turbo, i do love these turbos.Anyway this wont be fitted for a while as ive found a company that will rebuild and put a bigger compressor wheel in for more power so fingures crossed should be good for 380bhp maybe 400 if i have other mods well once i get some rods in anyway.

jdavis
Thursday 31st October 2013, 12:43
some nice goodies there mate. good luck!

graemewelch
Thursday 31st October 2013, 13:05
some nice bits you have there. ive seen a few uprated k24 turbos but they never seem to make more than stock power. i beleave the exhaust side is the restriction.

Rnash2002
Thursday 31st October 2013, 14:31
some nice bits you have there. ive seen a few uprated k24 turbos but they never seem to make more than stock power. i beleave the exhaust side is the restriction.
They said they could do it as long as the turbo is fine ie. no cracks in housing that will get worse and stuff.

Rnash2002
Saturday 2nd November 2013, 20:40
Well finally got everything sorted on the suspension and all i can say is what a pain in the back side.
Things should have been easy but was nothing but and then to top it off my local dealer decided to waste a journey on the bus with ordering the wrong part so had to wait 2 extra days for PFV so save my skin again lol.
Im happy with no noise from the drivers shock and 0 bangs also but not to happy with the ride hight at the rear as one side seem's to be sitting 8mm higher than the other.
Will try and get some pictures tomorrow if the weather is dry.

graemewelch
Saturday 2nd November 2013, 23:19
any luck it might settle. what springs you fitted

Rnash2002
Sunday 3rd November 2013, 00:44
any luck it might settle. what springs you fitted
Lesjofors,im gona give it a month then see if no better going to change back for each other and see if it does it the other side lol.