PDA

View Full Version : S/V70R aluminium dash set

BlackBeast
Friday 28th October 2005, 00:04
Ive already had enough of my walnut centre console/dash and glove box. Ive been keeping an eye out on ebay for some S/V70R brushed aluminium sections but none turn up. So, i think i will have to pluck up some courage and go to my local stealer. Instead of turning up there and laughing at them due to the price, could somebody tell me how much i should be prepared to pay for the set?

Al115
Friday 28th October 2005, 00:12
I think SaffronC70 on this forum bought some previously? He might be able to help.

Justin
Friday 28th October 2005, 08:26
If i remember right about £400 + VAT :jaw:

audimadmike
Friday 28th October 2005, 09:28
Is that really two '0's after the 4 ??

I WAS interested!

mike

S40xs
Friday 28th October 2005, 10:00
Still got the courage to ask the stealer now? I really shouldn't be surprised at the price of the kit but i am!

SaffronC70
Friday 28th October 2005, 10:16
Yes, I'm afraid it is about £3-400 for the set and probably 3-4 hours labour if you get Volvo to do it !

Chris

Andrew
Friday 28th October 2005, 10:17
Remember .... Once you own a Volvo your $kint for life :P

The Flying Banana
Friday 28th October 2005, 10:42
Ive already had enough of my walnut centre console/dash and glove box. Ive been keeping an eye out on ebay for some S/V70R brushed aluminium sections but none turn up. So, i think i will have to pluck up some courage and go to my local stealer. Instead of turning up there and laughing at them due to the price, could somebody tell me how much i should be prepared to pay for the set?

Dont stop reading and laugh.....i am serious about this!! You know the adhesive covering you get that is like fake walnut or fake carbon fibre brand name Foilatec, you might know but aswell as standard silver they do brushed aluminium. I have done a few cars for people with this stuff and like every job if it the preparation is put in and is done right it looks the part ( obviously not metal but looks good ) . By stripping the elements needing covered out and sanding the shine off the walnut til it is super smooth and clean, apply the brushed alumimium with plenty overlapping and stretch edges ( gently ) with a hairdryer on low heat and first speed setting. It does make a world of difference but be careful the contrast eg..if your Volvo is beige leather only walnut would suit it IMO and aluminium should only appear in black or dark interiors...black and bad is black and silver, beige and sumptious is beige and walnut....

grumpybob
Friday 28th October 2005, 17:03
I fancied the Ally dash as well and hunted e-bay for ages, I managed to get the one section around the gearstick/hand brake very cheaply but that was about it. Got it gathering dust as I didn't fancy paying a wad for the rest of the bits.

Bob

audimadmike
Friday 28th October 2005, 17:52
What about halfords?

They do these for most cars, I'm sure I've seen Volvo listed and they cost about £60.
My walnut dash looks stuck on and seperate from the actual dash.

Mike

SaffronC70
Friday 28th October 2005, 17:53
Just to rub it in, I got my whole alluminium interior for £80 off Ebay :)

Al115
Friday 28th October 2005, 18:19
I know where he lives, if anyone wants to go round and nick it ;)

Justin
Friday 28th October 2005, 18:51
Mine was free with the car ;)

Engineer
Friday 28th October 2005, 18:57
I :hug: mine every day aahh.

DaveS60D5
Friday 28th October 2005, 20:51

That's funny, so was mine! :P

BlackBeast
Saturday 29th October 2005, 15:24

:brokenhea

£400 is rediculous, it must be gold insulated at that price :jaw: I definately wont pay that much for some interior metal. Suppose i just have to keep a larger eye out on ebay.

Thanks to Justin, Dave and Engineer for rubbing it in, but the :troutslap has to go to Chris for just being a jammy dodger :nutkick:

BigJC
Friday 11th November 2005, 08:59
I've just bought a kit from ebay for £76, I even got to specify my choice of finish as the sale was walnut which is what I have already but I wanted a darker wood. When I get it, I'll take piccies before & after.

youngteam
Tuesday 15th November 2005, 22:35
There's currently a genuine Volvo kit (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volvo-V70-R-dash-trim_W0QQitemZ4590584197QQcategoryZ10432QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem) on ebay (not mine) if anyone's interested.

Item 4590584197 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volvo-V70-R-dash-trim_W0QQitemZ4590584197QQcategoryZ10432QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem)

siamblue
Wednesday 16th November 2005, 01:28
There's currently a genuine Volvo kit (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volvo-V70-R-dash-trim_W0QQitemZ4590584197QQcategoryZ10432QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem) on ebay (not mine) if anyone's interested.

Item 4590584197 (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Volvo-V70-R-dash-trim_W0QQitemZ4590584197QQcategoryZ10432QQrdZ1QQcm dZViewItem)

Cheers mate i will have a bash at that one ;)

siamblue
Wednesday 16th November 2005, 01:36
Just to rub it in, I got my whole alluminium interior for £80 off Ebay :)

Yes but ask how much his 18" Tritons were :haha:

BlackBeast
Wednesday 16th November 2005, 01:49
Cheers mate i will have a bash at that one ;)

If you have that unmentionable cd so you can search for the part numbers, it shows that the item is plastic and not aluminium, and if you look at the bottom of that ebay link, that was me asking the question.

siamblue
Wednesday 16th November 2005, 10:30
If you have that unmentionable cd so you can search for the part numbers, it shows that the item is plastic and not aluminium, and if you look at the bottom of that ebay link, that was me asking the question.

Hi Black beast, I do have that CD, I'll back off and let you go for these ;)

BlackBeast
Wednesday 16th November 2005, 14:06
Hi Black beast, I do have that CD, I'll back off and let you go for these ;)

Thanks mate, but im confused as these are not aluminium, so are all of these that are on the v70R made out of plastic? As i said, if you look at that cd it shows these parts are plastic and a few part numbers down shows the aluminium ones. Any ideas 'R' owners or anyone else in the know?

Rufe
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 20:47
you think £400 is bad... just sold 2 sets for 2 different brand new 2006 model V50's which the parts alone cost almost a grand, fitting was a lot too shall we say.

Rufe
Saturday 3rd December 2005, 20:56
btw, that cd shows it like this for the glove box trim:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v17/rufe_v6/vadistrims.jpg

to me, (volvo parts advisor), that says that the first 2 part numbers are standard plastic ones, the rest are all exactly what they say they are next to them, as there is an option for 'imititation wood' effect, but not an option for imitation aluminium effect, if you follow.

sorry i cant say for sure off the top of my head if they are real or not as i am not in the habit of feeling them lol, or even opening the boxes, but going off that, i would say that they are made of aluminium, hence the prices.

BlackBeast
Sunday 4th December 2005, 15:07
sorry i cant say for sure off the top of my head if they are real or not as i am not in the habit of feeling them lol

So thats what you do on your lunch break :bog:

Rufe
Sunday 4th December 2005, 19:33
lol :D

thats exactly it mate, im out there feeling volvos and their parts :D

BlackBeast
Tuesday 13th December 2005, 21:39
Just lost out on the aluminium set on ebay from Salvo, winning bid was £264.84. Who has the username kkcctv on ebay??? Anyone from the forum???

Assasin
Tuesday 13th December 2005, 21:55
You know, IF anyone does get one of these kits i may well be able to get it duplicated several times over...

A friend of mines works for the carbon fibre fabrication dept for a well known sports car manufacturer...

BlackBeast
Tuesday 13th December 2005, 23:06
Can he not use the normal as a template and then plate it with aluminium?

I think im going to paint mine the same silver as my steering wheel, max of £20 for everything, primer, paint, lacquer etc (ive got most of it anyway).