PDA

View Full Version : Vida fault code anyone had same fault

T5REU
Friday 11th October 2013, 16:24
My ciurse control has never worked. I've just installed Vida 2012d on windows 7 and connected the dice which game me the following readout fault re clutch pedel http://i1281.photobucket.com/albums/a501/reevesey3848/20131011_145658_zpsc215017f.jpg

M-R-P
Friday 11th October 2013, 16:53
Yep - perfectly normal - especially with a 2000 to 2004 car as it's often a sign of the DIM (speedo) failing.

It may be the clutch master weeping onto the switch but less likely than DIM failure if your car falls within this age bracket.

EDIT! clear the code, it should start working again.

EDIT AGAIN! the clutch switch is cheap and easy to replace - worth a go.

T5REU
Friday 11th October 2013, 17:15
Thanks mate. I've not noticed any difference in driving the old issue is the cruise control has never worked and think it might be this fault now. Not that I'd ever used it. I replaced the abs rings which were totally gone thinking this was the issue with the cruise but clearly not. Do u have know how to swap the sensor out or its location

Harvey
Friday 11th October 2013, 17:25
Thanks mate. I've not noticed any difference in driving the old issue is the cruise control has never worked and think it might be this fault now. Not that I'd ever used it. I replaced the abs rings which were totally gone thinking this was the issue with the cruise but clearly not. Do u have know how to swap the sensor out or its location

Yep it wil stop the cruise ,have a look at the top of the pedal box ,the switch is about £45 .

M-R-P
Friday 11th October 2013, 17:36
is your speedo doing any weird stuff? especially the info screen?

hopefully it's the switch but like I said, clear the code and it should start working again, unless the switch is completely shagged.

T5REU
Friday 11th October 2013, 17:54
My car is a 2001 Year s60. No the dash speedo is all normal no messages or anything strange going on there. So i need to get a replacement swtich. Is tge swutch coded to the car or can i just order it from volvo abd fit myself.im loving this vida dice system. Ckeared my air bag kight which has been tbere 3 years and the abs light which i think was caused x the rusty old rings

M-R-P
Friday 11th October 2013, 18:03
no it's not coded mate I think you can get them from gsf or Euro too.

have you cleared the code yet? I know I keep going on about it but when my DIM was playing up I'd get the same error and the cruise wouldn't work until I cleared the code. when I had the DIM changed, I never had the problem again.

T5REU
Friday 11th October 2013, 18:04
Does this fault effect anything else? Like proformance