PDA

View Full Version : What kind of glue?

Aiken
Thursday 27th October 2005, 13:22
Anyone stuck down any of their plastic trim with glue before? If so, which Glue did you use...

On my C70, the back right window trim is coming off, looks like someone prior to me was using doublesided velcro to fasten it down, I want to do it properly, but appears I will need to use some sort of glue.

audimadmike
Thursday 27th October 2005, 14:01
I've found certain trims either broken or just of poor quality squeak or rattle after time, the only product I've sucess with is silicon sealant, sticks to any shiny surface and remains flexible to allow movement.
Ideally use clear/transparent.
You may have to hold the trim in place with insulating tape while the sealant sets (hour or so).

mike

Martinr
Thursday 27th October 2005, 15:31
When I fitted my luggage nets in the 855 I broke one of the seat belt trims on the rear seat. Very brittle plastic. I used Loctite All Plastics Super Glue. Two part product that wasn't expensive and really works, only glue I have used where afterwards the joint can be stressed without it breaking.

If you are glueing something down I would second Mikes' suggestion. I have had good results using glazing sealer but you will need to fix it down till it goes off.

Aiken
Thursday 27th October 2005, 16:28
Thanks for the input, I think i'll try my hand at the clear sealant!

Will let you know how I get on.