PDA

View Full Version : Tyres again toyo proxies

dan_burdock
Thursday 27th October 2005, 12:41
Need 4 new tyres, can anyone recommned toyo proxies?
I have had bad expriences with pzero's. :dunce: :B_steerin

BlackBeast
Thursday 27th October 2005, 14:21
If you have to go for Toyo's, make sure you get the T1-R and not the T1-S as the R's will last much longer apparantly.

pikeajm
Thursday 27th October 2005, 20:52
i put 2 t1r`s on the front of mine 3 weeks ago or there abouts seem to grip well

jim.covers
Thursday 27th October 2005, 23:07
dan,

i asked this question a week or 2 ago when i was buying wheels and the firm was selling the wheels with either toyos' or avon's only.

i got a lot of mixed reviews on them both, bad wear being the major one for the toyo's ranging upwards from around 3,000 miles to around 6,000 i think was the best :pants:

in the end i went for goodyear f1.

BlackBeast
Thursday 27th October 2005, 23:19
avon's only.

i got a lot of mixed reviews on them

What was said about the Avons jim?

jim.covers
Thursday 27th October 2005, 23:26
I think they didnt fair too much better, i think only 1 person said anything about them and that wasnt good....

i spoke with a few tyre places, yes they want your money so they r goin to talk u into "better" tyres, but overall on the forum it was the goodyears that got the vote

weasel
Friday 28th October 2005, 00:06
'I have had bad expriences with pzero's.'
what like?

ceefaz
Friday 28th October 2005, 00:18
I have 4 x Avon ZZ3 205/50 ZR16 on my T5 and they are the best that I have had so far (compared to P6000 and Conti Sport Contact 2). I have done about 4k on them so far. Also I remember that another member at the recent Essex meet at Stansted had also fited the Avon's and was v.happy with them.

dan_burdock
Friday 28th October 2005, 12:51
'I have had bad expriences with pzero's.'
what like?
The inner sides split! has happened to me twice, don't know untill you have taken tyre off and look inside the tyre. I put a thread on volvo owners GB website suprised how many people this had happened to. Not sure if they do reinforced pzero's now. I stuck with them because they were fitted as standard! but twice is taking the piss. Had some Bridgestone Potenza they seemed a good tyre, but not so good in the wet.

gezR
Friday 28th October 2005, 17:13
I had T1-S on my 306 GTi6. Over priced, over hyped budget ££££e masquerading as a "premium" brand tyres in my opinion.

gazjacko
Saturday 29th October 2005, 19:54
Just put Avon ZZ3s on mine because I could get them at £85 a corner.
Sorry I can't comment on the wear rate as the cars bust at present.
I still have a 205/45/17 P Zero that's OK sitting in my garage FREE! if anyone wants it

weasel
Saturday 29th October 2005, 23:38
'The inner sides split! has happened to me twice, don't know untill you have taken tyre off and look inside the tyre. I put a thread on volvo owners GB website suprised how many people this had happened to. Not sure if they do reinforced pzero's now'
:jaw: they do. never heard of this... susceptibility to punctures yes. iirc there was talk of a class action in the states some time ago