PDA

View Full Version : This might come in handy

claymore
Thursday 3rd October 2013, 20:00
I think I might just invest in one of these:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TURBOCHARGER-SUPERCHARGER-HOSE-AND-INTERCOOLER-PRESSURE-LEAK-TEST-TOOL-KIT-/321096261298?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item4ac2d41eb2

Volvostorm
Thursday 3rd October 2013, 20:05
I don't think thats a bad idea Col

p fandango
Thursday 3rd October 2013, 20:08
thats a bit steep considering you'll only use the one size. Using a hole saw i just cut a MDF blank the size i need (3") & fitted a spare compressor fitting i'd got, job done

claymore
Thursday 3rd October 2013, 20:13
I've also cobbled one up in the past, but it would be quite nice to have one on the forum, like the code reader and could be loaned out when needed.

nobananas
Friday 4th October 2013, 13:43
I made one up using a hub nut cover off the back of a saxo and drilled it to take a tyre valve.

M-R-P
Friday 4th October 2013, 13:52
I've also cobbled one up in the past, but it would be quite nice to have one on the forum, like the code reader and could be loaned out when needed.

In the 2 and a bit years I've been on the forum, that code reader has never been found lol.

The pressure tester looks like it could have a dual purpose as a drain rodding tool.

graemewelch
Friday 4th October 2013, 19:08
could buy a few billets off alloy and drill and tap them so a hose tail can be screw in. bet can be make for peanuts

graemewelch
Friday 4th October 2013, 19:08
let me know if want me to price up the alluminum. ill need to know the size though

stribo
Friday 4th October 2013, 19:51
In the 2 and a bit years I've been on the forum, that code reader has never been found lol.

The pressure tester looks like it could have a dual purpose as a drain rodding tool.

Drain pressure testers looks similar, but have a pipe and gauge.