PDA

View Full Version : Standard Clutch part number for 1995 850T5R

kristoff007
Thursday 3rd October 2013, 05:23
Hi guys,

I had the clutch replaced on my 1995 model T5R about 8,000km ago (4-5 months)

I'm having some issues with it.

Since day 1, the clutch felt very very light.
Since a few weeks ago a high pitched whirring/clicking sound has been happening.
In the last few days the high pitched whirring/clicking has been joined by an intermittent lower pitched sound.
The clutch pickup point is now very close to the ground. On a couple of occasions I have been at standstill at a traffic light, in first gear, and with my foot firmly to the floor, it still engages the clutch slightly, (almost stalling the car)
Coasting along in neutral, the car makes no sound.

I am taking the car back to where I had the clutch recently replaced.

I know the clutch was replaced with a Sachs clutch, but am unsure of the part number.

Can anyone help me with the correct clutch to be installed. I hope the incorrect clutch wasn't installed to begin with, but if it was, the correct part number would be handy.

I hope this ends well, but i fear a pending dispute :(

Thanks for your help,

Chris
Sydney Australia.

jamesy12345
Thursday 3rd October 2013, 05:36
There's an old post here mate with some part numbers...

http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/archive/index.php/t-37483.html

edit:

more stuff....http://volvospeed.com/vs_forum/topic/76006-where-to-buy-850-t5r-euro-clutch/

kristoff007
Thursday 3rd October 2013, 05:53
thanks very much

jamesy12345
Thursday 3rd October 2013, 06:06
No worries, the info seems to be saying the 850R clutch is a good alternative....? I don't have personal experience of that, just using search. Maybe some of the guys can comment. What box do you have, M56?

M-R-P
Thursday 3rd October 2013, 08:06
Sounds like the clutch wasn't installed correctly to me.

partsforvolvos.com
Thursday 3rd October 2013, 10:31
i suspect either it needs re bleeding, or was not pre tensioned before installing. if this is not done, the little arms get bent as the box is bolted up.
the clutches are the same dimensions, but the r clutch does have higher rated springs so i good for more power. that's why it is a fairly standard upgrade choice.

855t5
Thursday 3rd October 2013, 15:48
Sounds like the centre plate is wrong way round to me?

t5 pete
Thursday 3rd October 2013, 16:16
i suspect either it needs re bleeding, or was not pre tensioned before installing. if this is not done, the little arms get bent as the box is bolted up. the clutches are the same dimensions, but the r clutch does have higher rated springs so i good for more power. that's why it is a fairly standard upgrade choice.

You know this is a 850 don't you

960kg
Thursday 3rd October 2013, 18:31
The latest Volvo part number for all 850 manual variants and the V70 T5 including the 2.5 = 271494 This is for the Clutch KIT

1998 on is more complicated