PDA

View Full Version : s60 2.4 t

drivermad
Wednesday 2nd October 2013, 21:48
Hey, new to the site been digging through lots of good information on here but was just wondering if anyone had tuned a 2.4 t s60 semi i.e sports cat race exhaust, induction kit and what kind of power it had and the other route of bigger turbo and injectors that gets you about 350 I believe? Any idea on cost? For this route?

Thanks in advance

merc85
Wednesday 2nd October 2013, 21:53
i presume you are talking a 2.4 Lpt s60? i recon most will tell you to sell it and buy a t5 instead and tune that. But anything is possible. a rica map should take it upto around 235Bhp.

drivermad
Wednesday 2nd October 2013, 22:04
Yeah, and it's always the same when you want to tune people say just buy this car instead I was just looking at results and a standard remap of about 30 bhp but even if I don't see massive results I will still remap for defo it's rather nippy already :)

claymore
Wednesday 2nd October 2013, 22:07
I must admit, I find my 2.4t gutless, I personally wouldn't throw any money at it.

merc85
Wednesday 2nd October 2013, 22:08
Yeah, and it's always the same when you want to tune people say just buy this car instead I was just looking at results and a standard remap of about 30 bhp but even if I don't see massive results I will still remap for defo it's rather nippy already :)

I'm currently runing about in a s60 2.0 lpt and find that quite nippy. Id have thought a Remap and perhaps a race cat, and better flowing exhaust would be getting it on the way to 255bhp. not sure what would happen if you put a larger turbo on it as the engine management on these may not like it.

M-R-P
Wednesday 2nd October 2013, 22:13
How deep are your pockets?

The engine has the potential for big power but it won't be cheap.

A simple remap may only give you 30-odd bhp but the power will come in earlier and go on for longer although the little turbo will take a hammering so changing that may be a wise choice.

If you like the car and want to go for it, rather than buying a T5 variant for roughly the same money, then there's nothing stopping you and it'll be interesting to watch your progress.

I recommend looking into suspension upgrades too. A few small changes go a long way when it comes to handling with these cars.

drivermad
Wednesday 2nd October 2013, 22:19
Well how deep they need to be after Xmas they can be pretty deep, idea of a cost 4 grand or more? I personally would like to keep it under 3 to keep the Mrs of my back haha

M-R-P
Wednesday 2nd October 2013, 22:29
Well how deep they need to be after Xmas they can be pretty deep, idea of a cost 4 grand or more? I personally would like to keep it under 3 to keep the Mrs of my back haha

Well, a custom map to suit, say, bigger turbo, injectors, decat, exhaust, might be an off the shelf thing but hard to say, so you could be looking at a fair old sum.
18t turbo can be had for a few hundred, injectors are pretty cheap at the moment, there's a guy called Graeme Welch who's pretty handy at downpipes etc. custom intercooler would be 400 ish quid, then you'd probably need to lower the compression ratio...

drivermad
Wednesday 2nd October 2013, 22:43
Cheers for your help when I decide what I'm doing I'll post it so you can see how it goes and don't worry plenty of pictures I know how much forums like pictures :)

T5RatherAmusin
Thursday 3rd October 2013, 09:08
if youve got 4k to blow. your best bet would be a 2.4 t5
engine is R speced (turbo manifolds etc) but the engine it self is stronger....
just a remap with these sees about 330hp. wouldnt take much to see the 350+ mark...

drivermad
Thursday 3rd October 2013, 11:46
Well I don't have it to blow but I will be willing to put it in over a 6 month or so depending on what wor lass needs, tbh if I could hit high 200s 300 bhp I'd be happy :)