PDA

View Full Version : Gul going manual...

Immingham
Monday 30th September 2013, 20:08
Well the auto is giving up the ghost. so it's time to go manual :eclipsee_:.
So now i need a list of the things i need, this is where you lot come in
:bow_kneel
which gearbox, clutch, ecu and all the other bits and also where to get them..
once its manual i think a remap is on the cards.:funkybana
so please feel free to make a list as all the help is greatly appreciated :)

Tomcat
Monday 30th September 2013, 20:09
To help with the conversion your better buying a cheap manual car, that way you've got all the bits you need ...

Nealevo
Monday 30th September 2013, 20:12
Buy a manual T5 car and then you have the wiring loom and other small pieces , it's an easy conversion, 1/2 a days work :)

Immingham
Monday 30th September 2013, 20:15
Buy a manual T5 car and then you have the wiring loom and other small pieces , it's an easy conversion, 1/2 a days work :)
i think that'll be the better option. but 1/2 a day!!! this is me we're on about. 1/2 a month....lol

V70 Graham
Monday 30th September 2013, 20:26
i think that'll be the better option. but 1/2 a day!!! this is me we're on about. 1/2 a month....lol

I'd take half a year !

I do remember Neil having a few helpers.

Kingsford G
Monday 30th September 2013, 20:56
I loved my auto.I don`t know why would anyone mess around with a manual conversion.

Nealevo
Monday 30th September 2013, 21:00
I loved my auto.I don`t know why would anyone mess around with a manual conversion.

I sometimes feel the same mate, normally when I pull up at Islands/traffic lights and forget to dip clutch...

Immingham
Monday 30th September 2013, 21:32
I love the auto, but it seems to be the weak link..
And it just feels really lazy off the mark :(

merc85
Monday 30th September 2013, 21:34
I love the auto, but it seems to be the weak link..
And it just feels really lazy off the mark :(

AndysR got a 14.4 off the mark with his auto lol, i wouldnt call that lazy lmfao ;)

Immingham
Monday 30th September 2013, 21:36
Well my bugger is. Lol :) it'll take 1.4 days.

stribo
Monday 30th September 2013, 21:37
AndysR got a 14.4 off the mark with his auto lol, i wouldnt call that lazy lmfao ;)

Imagine what he would have got with a manual 'box. ;)

Kingsford G
Monday 30th September 2013, 21:56
It`ll b even faster now

Jamest5r
Monday 30th September 2013, 21:59

Auto's are good on the 1/4 mate my mrs regually pulled 14.6/7's in an auto 855 with just a rica nothing else, got my ass whipped a good few times :)

Immingham, read this lots and lots :).............http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=71697

Immingham
Monday 30th September 2013, 22:18
What'll the standard auto take Bhp wise??

Biff
Monday 30th September 2013, 22:59
I think if your used to a manual previously & you can drive I wouldn't choose an auto. I searched high & low for a 855 t5 but they were all ruined. If the auto box is knackered & you want to make a project out of it then do it.
Without brown nosing Neal has modified his 850r perfectly, its pretty obvious the man is a driver & I think its the manual conversion that's probably complimented the decent brakes etc. autos are nice day to day & yes they are quick...
It's my car & I say when it changes gear!
I await some hate for this now. Lol

Immingham
Monday 30th September 2013, 23:15
Auto's are good on the 1/4 mate my mrs regually pulled 14.6/7's in an auto 855 with just a rica nothing else, got my ass whipped a good few times :)

Immingham, read this lots and lots :).............http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=71697
Just read all the link, bugger all that, anybody know if the v70 2.5 auto box is the same as mine. If yes what's the best remap to suit.

M-R-P
Tuesday 1st October 2013, 00:12
Good opportunity to fit a 6 speed focus box ;)

Immingham
Tuesday 1st October 2013, 00:14
Good opportunity to fit a 6 speed focus box ;)

Any volunteers ?? Lol

M-R-P
Tuesday 1st October 2013, 00:38
I know someone who's done a couple, he'd be able to offer some handy tips. :)

Biff
Tuesday 1st October 2013, 00:41
He swears by his auto converted 6speed. I would love to do it someday with an m66 & a gripper diff.
Boom. That's the sound of my prop.

ajc106
Tuesday 1st October 2013, 02:49
Hi i am in the middle of doing mine at the moment got hold of a complete car best way i think as you have all the little bits and bobs, think it would be a nightmare to have to find them all, done most of mine on my own only got the lads round when the heavy work needed to be done if the weathers good then easy a couple of days

jamesy12345
Tuesday 1st October 2013, 04:21
Just read all the link, bugger all that, anybody know if the v70 2.5 auto box is the same as mine. If yes what's the best remap to suit.

The gear ratios are the same but the final drive is different (turbo is 2.56:1, 2.5 auto is 2.76:1). Also I heard a rumour that the turbo transmission cases are stronger from '97 but never seen anything to back that up.

edit: there's a guy over on VOC breaking a 2.5 auto, user name is Ben_Jones_82 located in 'Wells-next-the-Sea'
'