PDA

View Full Version : CV boot clips

Gold 'N' Brown
Monday 30th September 2013, 13:13
Had to get a new NS outer boot put on the V70 for my MOT, and I provided the garage with GKN set I'd got cheap off eBay a while back. Anyway, the mechanic had been unable to get the supplied clip to tighten up securely, and he'd had to resort to using a tie wrap instead. I know these often don't last so I want to replace it ASAP.

As it's a fairly simple and common part I realise I could just go to a motor factor for a replacement rather than having to go to Volvo, but I wondered if anyone has any recomendations. I just don't want to buy what should be a suitable part and then come to fit it and find the same problem that my mechanic had with the GKN one.

Also, I've never fitted these before myself but I think you need a specific tool to properly do up the clips, don't you? Can someone confirm what the correct tool is? Or will I just be able to get away with using pliers?

partsforvolvos.com
Monday 30th September 2013, 13:51
use one like the clips we list - these have multi holes so you can get the tension right.
you can use sidecutters on them with no problems normally.

http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/product_info.php?cPath=541_592_1145&products_id=6970