PDA

View Full Version : Abs playing up again

c70geoff
Friday 27th September 2013, 10:43
Well yes folks the abs has decided to start giving me grief yet again

Well I've changed both front rings, both abs sensors and still dodgey brakes and abs light on plus now I'm getting a p1550 code
Code is easy to figure out but could this be caused by aftermarket abs sensors or possibly the dreaded ecu
Any pointers would be appreciated

M-R-P
Friday 27th September 2013, 10:44
Take the bulb out ;)

partsforvolvos.com
Friday 27th September 2013, 11:28
.... mot fail but i know that's the reason u winked - :hug:

just in case anybody does not know it has to be seen to come on and go out to show its working correctly.

M-R-P
Friday 27th September 2013, 11:57
.... mot fail but i know that's the reason u winked - :hug:

just in case anybody does not know it has to be seen to come on and go out to show its working correctly.

And of course, rewiring it to the engine management light would be illegal.:cop:

c70geoff
Friday 27th September 2013, 12:47
Cheers lads but my brakes are now poo

Wobbly Dave
Friday 27th September 2013, 12:59
I can still repair your ECU if you want.

partsforvolvos.com
Friday 27th September 2013, 14:04
I did give u a plug to geoff on the phone yesterday dave, i reakon the best bet is get it to a scantool, and see if the sensor is sending a signal first, presuming it is then repair the ecu .

t5 pete
Friday 27th September 2013, 15:04
Mynes beibg playing up since I swaped the engine so just put a freshly soldered unit in today fingers crossed that will sort it

c70geoff
Friday 27th September 2013, 17:25
my local steeler is gonna plug it in to see where i stand and if needed will be looking for that repair please Dave

thewatsonsmouts
Friday 27th September 2013, 21:05
Is it Auto mate ? Take the control module off mate spray it with so cleaner and try that. But usually its a solenoid valve in the module itself never had a problem with speed sensors to be fair. I do know that 850s around N reg had a fault with the wiring to the speed sensors the wires were faulty and had to be replaced. Depending on the yr Autos bought different problems

c70geoff
Friday 27th September 2013, 21:33
cheers fella yep its auto
gonna have a good look sunday as in take all relavent parts off
clean and refit
if problem persists then mr wobbly dave will have a nice little earner

Biff
Friday 27th September 2013, 22:18
Mines come on too. Abs/trac light & a good few faults.. :(
Mot in nov, think the soldering iron will need to come out.

jamesy12345
Saturday 28th September 2013, 06:49
Ecu!!

Logie
Saturday 28th September 2013, 08:25
is this ABS fault a common problem with V70's? Its what stopped me going to see this. It doesn't have AWD which is ideally what im after but thought it was worth a look, I emailed the seller but never heard from him/her.
http://www.gumtree.com/p/cars-vans-motorbikes/volvo-v70-t5-247bhp/1032767562

jamesy12345
Saturday 28th September 2013, 08:31
is this ABS fault a common problem with V70's? Its what stopped me going to see this. It doesn't have AWD which is ideally what im after but thought it was worth a look, I emailed the seller but never heard from him/her.

Sometimes the problem can be as little as a dry solder joint in the ECU, there are guys on the forums who can fix this - like Dave above (I am assuming this from his post)

Biff
Saturday 28th September 2013, 08:58

Yes mate, basically the circuit boards heat up over time usually around the power supply joints & need re soldering.
The hardest part is splitting the control module apart to see the gubbings inside. Few videos on YouTube with info & how to guides.