PDA

View Full Version : iPhone 5 GROM Brodit Solution!!!!!

Dreadheadtom
Thursday 26th September 2013, 16:00
Hi all,

I have a 2007 MY S60 with the HU-850 in it.

I've recently bought the Brodit for my iPhone 5 with the pass through connector (creates a proper dock).

My plan was to order a Grom kit and use the apple lightning cable adaptor, which I have been told will work....

Only problem is, Apple apparently make the 30-pin adaptor lightning end a bit fatter than the regular cable, so it wont fit into my pass through connector on the brodit!

My question is, has anyone else got round this problem in a similar fashion, or can anyone recommend a kit that takes a direct usb connection, plays music, takes phone calls etc from iPhone 5 and retains the factory head unit!?

Totally open to suggestions, but wasn't massively keen on the idea of a parrot kit. Had one in my old A4 and it would only ever play through the front speakers... All wiring in as per diagrams etc!

Cheers

Tom

Dreadheadtom
Saturday 28th September 2013, 21:51
Someone must play iPhone 5 through their car!! Anyone?

c70geoff
Saturday 28th September 2013, 23:08
i'm sure someone will come along to help fella

Redbrick
Sunday 29th September 2013, 20:50
Have a look at http://imiv.ca/cms/

I use a USAspec PA11-VOL with apple lightening adaptor cable. I hold it in a Brodit iPhone 4S holder that just happens to hold my 5 in its case. The phone audio is through a a Nokia Bluetooth kit that was in the car when I got it.

I do have an unused Brodit iphone 5 holder if you need it.

crazy badger
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 21:19
You can get an adapter for the GROM with aux in and a USB cable (charging only) which is what I've just used to add Bluetooth and lightening cable charging on my HU-803. Just waiting for the Brodit proclip and iPhone 5 mount to arrive :D

V70 Graham
Tuesday 14th January 2014, 21:30
Can't believe I haven't seen this thread (I think we were on holiday when it was originally posted)
I use a Grom unit in the V70 but found the cable connection to my iPhone 4 reduced the sound quality.
Now I have an iPhone 5 I simply use the Bluetooth connection to the Grom which I had fitted when originally installed and charge the phone via its own charger should it be needed.
Sound quality is excellent and it's still working fine 2 years down the line.

Liddo
Friday 24th January 2014, 15:23
Same as Graham, I use Bluetooth for my Iphone 5, and stream Radio 5 Live aswell, works a treat! I still have and Iphone 4 Lead attached with an old 8gb Ipod Touch underneath my seat :D I just update that with 8gb of music and setup play lists

;)

M-R-P
Friday 24th January 2014, 16:14
You I-Ponce boys only just stopped using cables?

Tsk, Tsk.