PDA

View Full Version : h7 bulbs?

copie22
Monday 23rd September 2013, 14:33
had a dip head lamp bulb go out today , had some cheap ones in past but not good then had hid in last Volvo , but as day lights on all the time better not fit them ,so what are the best h7 bulbs out there I know if go into shop they just try and flog me owt.
so what are you lot using ?

daza-b
Monday 23rd September 2013, 14:37
I use HID most the time, I have a set of HID in H7 that I bought in mistake for the 850 lol

deathrider311271
Monday 23rd September 2013, 14:37
try some Osram nightbreaker plus, i found them very good

T5RatherAmusin
Monday 23rd September 2013, 14:38
im using these atm
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-H7-Ultra-Power-Bright-5000k-Xenon-Gas-White-Car-Front-Headlight-Headlamp-Bulbs-/350783480379?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51ac53223b
love em!

use to use these
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OSRAM-NIGHT-BREAKER-PLUS-H7-PAIR-90-MORE-LIGHT-FORD-LOW-DIPPED-BEAM-/231009590283?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item35c93e9c0b

copie22
Monday 23rd September 2013, 14:42
got hids but as dip head lamps on all time and police round here cracking down on them

misterstiggy
Wednesday 25th September 2013, 03:43
nightbreaker plus golds ltd edt were £13.99 delivered via euro car parts on ebay! recently if you check regularly may do so again soon!
found them superior to the normal plus as i did a direct comparison side by side on my ex's car and mine with h7 bulbs.
55w 5000k or 4300k would be my choice for hids as they simply are superior to any bulb.
mtec seem to get good reviews but i prefer the euro branding and cant comment personally!
regards mitch

Dangerous Dave
Wednesday 25th September 2013, 09:49
I'd say Osram Nightbreakers or Ring XenonUltima. A pair can be had cheap off ebay or as Stiggy says Eurocarparts (cheaper than halfords crappy single bulb price)

M-R-P
Wednesday 25th September 2013, 09:59
I had nightbreakers and found them too yellow, although nice and bright. Graham got himself some Phillips bulbs and they were bloody brilliant. Can't remember what they were called but they were deffo Phillips.

partsforvolvos.com
Wednesday 25th September 2013, 10:30
must have been your headlights martin - my nightbreakers are really white compared to the lucas standard ones i took out.

M-R-P
Wednesday 25th September 2013, 10:43
must have been your headlights martin - my nightbreakers are really white compared to the lucas standard ones i took out.

I don't think I had the Euro-90's-badboy yellow film on them lol.

Ring XenonMax were better but didn't last.

dmsims
Wednesday 25th September 2013, 10:48
im using these atm
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2-H7-Ultra-Power-Bright-5000k-Xenon-Gas-White-Car-Front-Headlight-Headlamp-Bulbs-/350783480379?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item51ac53223b
love em!

Thanks for that - going to give them a go for £6

JimmyBurnWorld
Thursday 26th September 2013, 06:34
If you're fitting HIDs into the standard reflector lamps make sure you get H7R Bulbs. These have a little blanking strip to shape the light a bit better and reduce glare which is more considerate for other drivers. I pulled my custom made projector headlamps and swapped them for my backup standard reflector headlamps with HID H7R bulbs for the MOT. 2nd year running and no comments. Also the police tend to be attracted to light colours of >5000K. 4300K is OEM HID colour for almost all manufacturers, the bluey tinge that you see on Mercs is mainly down to the higher quality optics. Beyond 4300K the light gets bluer and the police get more interested!

BTW: I've just had a £25 HID kit for my main beams off ebay. I was sceptical at that price but worth a punt. However I'm into my 2nd month of driving with them and switching them on and off regularly on the way into work. If they're surviving being switched on and off constantly, I'd reckon they'd be good for a normal dipped beam.

copie22
Friday 27th September 2013, 21:02
Thanks for that - going to give them a go for £6

well I am as well came in post today to late home from work to fit them tonight, so il fit them tomorrow night after work and let you know what I think

copie22
Friday 27th September 2013, 21:08
If you're fitting HIDs into the standard reflector lamps make sure you get H7R Bulbs. These have a little blanking strip to shape the light a bit better and reduce glare which is more considerate for other drivers. I pulled my custom made projector headlamps and swapped them for my backup standard reflector headlamps with HID H7R bulbs for the MOT. 2nd year running and no comments. Also the police tend to be attracted to light colours of >5000K. 4300K is OEM HID colour for almost all manufacturers, the bluey tinge that you see on Mercs is mainly down to the higher quality optics. Beyond 4300K the light gets bluer and the police get more interested!

BTW: I've just had a £25 HID kit for my main beams off ebay. I was sceptical at that price but worth a punt. However I'm into my 2nd month of driving with them and switching them on and off regularly on the way into work. If they're surviving being switched on and off constantly, I'd reckon they'd be good for a normal dipped beam.

I had hid`s off ebay in my last Volvo for 3 years on dipped beam , yes great lights and would be in by now but not going to pay lots at main dealer to turn day lights off, even went and got hid`s for fog lamps but bulb hold not let me fit them , unless I mod them

jdavis
Friday 27th September 2013, 21:55
Osram nightbreakers in my dipped beam with osram 6000k 5w LED sidelights.
I did put some before and after pics up a while back but can't find thread.
The sidelights alone look as bright as the old dipped beam lol.
Not cheap but very highly recommended

jdavis
Friday 27th September 2013, 22:02
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?49430-headlight-bulbs-recommendations-please/page2
Found the thread