PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy suspension parts for a refresh?

Couper
Friday 20th September 2013, 21:37
Hello :)

Planning to refresh the suspension on my 940 LPT estate and add lowering springs (40mm).

Where is the best place to order parts?

Are there any other recommended upgrades for the suspension which wont make it unbearable on country lanes?

Thank you

Couper

artfulflounder
Sunday 22nd September 2013, 11:05
Only just got into volvos myself but parts seem alot cheaper than the fiat I had previously.....

Looking through parts this lot seem reasonable..
http://www.partsforvolvosonline.com/default.php

Plus they're in trade section on forum.

Lowering springs plenty out there depending on your budget.....I was looking at some Lesforjes springs, think they actually make the standard volvo fitment ones so was thinking lowered ones cant be that bad.

partsforvolvos.com
Monday 23rd September 2013, 11:30
thanks for the recommendation.

lesjofors are a massive company , we sell alot of their springs and quite a few on here have their sport springs now for various models.
i bought some sachs springs in the past, and i'm pretty sure they were actually lesjofors as well, because of the markings on them.

we can also supply bilstein dampers at great prices - smithy uses the b4's on his 940 and he said they are really good.
we list a wide range of poly bushes , perhaps people who have already fitted them can tell u how they drive on country roads , but if u dont want it too harsh perhaps best to just renew with rubber ones.