PDA

View Full Version : Brake problems?

ceefaz
Tuesday 25th October 2005, 22:45
I need some input as I think that I might have a brake problem. I have standard Volvo discs front and rear. Fronts have done 3k and rears 1k so they are reasonably new. When I had the rears replaced at the last service I had EBC Green stuff pads fitted all round and the fluid replaced. Brakes were then a vast improvement on standard. Now however, under hard or consistent braking the fronts make so much noise (a sort of grumbling sound) and the front discs are "blueing-up". Are they overheating or something? The stopping power does seem still to be there with less fade than when the brakes were standard but I'm concerned.
Any comments please? :worried:

Berts70R
Wednesday 26th October 2005, 21:11
I had green stuff on grooved discs on my vr6 golf and on cross drilled discs on my S70.On both cars as soon as they heat up they grumble,sounds like you are nearly on the metal,at that stage they seem to have the most bite

BlackBeast
Wednesday 26th October 2005, 23:26
sounds like you are nearly on the metal,at that stage they seem to have the most bite

Sounds like they are cr@p pads!

ceefaz
Friday 28th October 2005, 00:36
I had green stuff on grooved discs on my vr6 golf and on cross drilled discs on my S70.On both cars as soon as they heat up they grumble,sounds like you are nearly on the metal,at that stage they seem to have the most bite

Pads are nearly new as I have only done about 2k miles

Wobbly Dave
Friday 28th October 2005, 10:37
Still sound a bit rubbish. Ferodo DS Performance!

BlackBeast
Friday 28th October 2005, 22:31
Or some Pagid blues/grays.