PDA

View Full Version : where is the alarm control box ?

t5steve
Friday 13th September 2013, 14:46
does anyone know where the alarm control box is hidden ( the one with the green plug one side and 2 plugs opposite side ).............i thought it was behind the glovebox but i've removed all the passenger side of the dash and can't find it..............so before i start dismantling the rest of the car i thought i'd ask if anyone knows its whereabouts......................car is a 1995 850 T5 estate with obd port under coinholder
thanks in anticipation

Dangerous Dave
Friday 13th September 2013, 14:53
Not exactly sure but think it is in the bottom part of the fuse/relay board in the driver footwell

Number 14 on the diagrams in the link
http://www.volvotips.com/index.php/850-2/volvo-850-s70-v70-c70-service-repair-manual/volvo-850-electrical-components-locations/

Tomcat
Friday 13th September 2013, 15:01
Yeah it is, remove the kick panel under the steering wheel and look under the dash (on the underside of the fusebox). There's loads of stuff there including the alarm relay.

t5steve
Friday 13th September 2013, 16:16
thanks guys...............much appreciated....................

craigoodwood
Friday 13th September 2013, 20:33
while we're asking, where is the radio aerial on my 95 850 t5 obd1?? i read somewhere it also controls remote locking? is this also my alarm control too? .... as neither my remote locking or FM radio channels work
:B_thumb:

t5steve
Friday 13th September 2013, 20:44
while we're asking, where is the radio aerial on my 95 850 t5 obd1?? i read somewhere it also controls remote locking? is this also my alarm control too? .... as neither my remote locking or FM radio channels work

you have pm

Dangerous Dave
Friday 13th September 2013, 21:01

The radio aerial is usually built into the boot side window (sometimes both of them). Look at the window and you should see an element running around the window (like a demister). On mine there is a smaller one for the alarm (in both windows). But there are other alarm aerials around the car AFAIK