PDA

View Full Version : mot fails?

misterstiggy
Thursday 12th September 2013, 01:25
hi guys and gals! mot due next month just bought my s60 t5 2001 can i ask reference the front headlamp wipers
i have noticed when spraying the windscreen the lamps get sprayed but the wipers dont move on the lamps?
as i am a newb is this a fail on the mot?
also upgraded rear reg plate bulbs but 1 is flickering although its 6 smd led will this cause a fail?
realise best just to change for mot.. quick job! thanks in advance
mitch

nobananas
Thursday 12th September 2013, 08:13
Headlight wipers don't come into the MOT, nether does the rear wiper. The only time you need to worry about headlight wash is if you have factory Hids or Xenons but they usually just have a wash function, no wipe.

M-R-P
Thursday 12th September 2013, 08:18
The normally wipe and wash every time you wash the windscreen. I have heard of some only wiping after x-number of screen washes but I don't know if Volvo do than or not.

partsforvolvos.com
Thursday 12th September 2013, 09:28
sometimes those headlight wipers only work if u hold the stalk for more than 5 seconds- try that, it would be wierd for both to have gone, unless somebody unplugged them.

graemewelch
Thursday 12th September 2013, 10:17
The normally wipe and wash every time you wash the windscreen. I have heard of some only wiping after x-number of screen washes but I don't know if Volvo do than or not.

i havnt got the wipers on mine but the headlight washers squirt on the 1 in every 5 times you use the washers for windscreen

misterstiggy
Thursday 12th September 2013, 15:49
thanks guys! appreciate your replies

partsforvolvos.com
Thursday 12th September 2013, 15:59
i havnt got the wipers on mine but the headlight washers squirt on the 1 in every 5 times you use the washers for windscreen

on your car they are also set not to work if the water level is below a 1/4, to conserve it because it uses so much to do the headlights.
this is by the pick up point being higher than the normal one by memory.

M-R-P
Thursday 12th September 2013, 16:02
on your car they are also set not to work if the water level is below a 1/4, to conserve it because it uses so much to do the headlights.
this is by the pick up point being higher than the normal one by memory.

Headlight washer is tee'd off the windscreen washer pipe on early P2 cars mate, not sure about the facelift models tho.