PDA

View Full Version : Service.

Timo.
Tuesday 10th September 2013, 10:51
Is there any way to tell how long it was since a car was last serviced or when it will be due in the future?

I've recently purchased a '09' V70 2.0 D R design.

Its a one owner ex company car with limited services filled in the book and no service print out from the company.

The oil isn't particularly dirty and the air filter isn't either so I reckon its been done fairly recently, I just don't know when.

T.

V70 Graham
Tuesday 10th September 2013, 11:10
You could always try the garage you have the last receipt from.

Personally I always have a new purchase serviced ASAP and then I know where I am, keep your own record from there.

Timo.
Tuesday 10th September 2013, 11:25
You could always try the garage you have the last receipt from.

Personally I always have a new purchase serviced ASAP and then I know where I am, keep your own record from there.

Receipts............. Good one. There's nowt apart from the Volvo manuals and service book which is a bit sparse.

Regarding the second comment I would usually do that with a new purchase. Just waiting to sell my old BM estate and then I'll have some money to burn :)

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 10th September 2013, 11:37
I bet it was a lease car.

if anybody on here has one link, they might be able to help u.
but as a rule, the cars never have the last due service done if they can help it, only a mot before comming off the lease.
i would service it now anyway.
and they can be reported to need pads in 5k or such, and they are - nope! not authorised.

Timo.
Tuesday 10th September 2013, 11:46
I bet it was a lease car.

if anybody on here has one link, they might be able to help u.
but as a rule, the cars never have the last due service done if they can help it, only a mot before comming off the lease.
i would service it now anyway.
and they can be reported to need pads in 5k or such, and they are - nope! not authorised.

It was. 'LEX' was the company. To be fair its bang on and was a bargain. Its done a 112 k miles but feels solid as a rock.

Would have loved a D5 but I got this for fuel economy and is the 'family' car so no rocket ship required.

Will get it serviced soon.

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 10th September 2013, 11:55
basically, companies like lex on one-link you never send an invoice it is filled in electronically online.
the drivers never see it, hence why you have nothing.
and half the time company drivers forget their service book.

Timo.
Tuesday 10th September 2013, 12:04
Cool. Its certainly been looked after from what I can see so far.

Thanks for the info.