PDA

View Full Version : help and advice needed ME7 model specific

deathrider311271
Friday 6th September 2013, 22:05
one of my cv joints has gone south, so i decided to buy 2 and replace them at the same time, phoned erocar parts and parts for volvo, ended up getting them from eurocar parts as they were local too me and in stock.

Anyway takes both sides too bits too discover they are 2 different sizes, both 36 external splines, but the drivers side one is physically smaller and the internal bore is smaller but has the same amount of teeth 27. Is this normal for a P1 ME7 turbo???

Everywhere i have looked they are both the same size, also listed as for both sides.

Help would be much appreciated as i need the car working tomorrow.

cheers

jdavis
Friday 6th September 2013, 22:22
I'd take a guess on yours having had a replacement hub at sometime in its life mate

Does sound odd though

deathrider311271
Friday 6th September 2013, 22:31
I'd take a guess on yours having had a replacement hub at sometime in its life mate

Does sound odd though

if you mean the bearing then yes it has i replaced both of them 3 weeks ago, no issues there, its the internal bore of cv joint thats different

multiskilled
Friday 6th September 2013, 22:34
one of my cv joints has gone south, so i decided to buy 2 and replace them at the same time, phoned erocar parts and parts for volvo, ended up getting them from eurocar parts as they were local too me and in stock.

Anyway takes both sides too bits too discover they are 2 different sizes, both 36 external splines, but the drivers side one is physically smaller and the internal bore is smaller but has the same amount of teeth 27. Is this normal for a P1 ME7 turbo???

Everywhere i have looked they are both the same size, also listed as for both sides.

Help would be much appreciated as i need the car working tomorrow.

cheers

I had the same trouble when I changed mine thought it was because they weren't genuine volvo parts. I got it to fit in the end by cleaning up the splines in the wheel bearing , loads of wd40 down there , a sledge hammer and loads of abuse, good luck it was a hell of job but they will fit

deathrider311271
Friday 6th September 2013, 22:41
I had the same trouble when I changed mine thought it was because they weren't genuine volvo parts. I got it to fit in the end by cleaning up the splines in the wheel bearing , loads of wd40 down there , a sledge hammer and loads of abuse, good luck it was a hell of job but they will fit
again not the problem unfortunatly, the smaller on internaly is 26mm, the larger cv is 30mm so it just slips over the internal splines.

Im not talking about the end that goes into the wheel bearing but the actual internal splined part of the cv joint

960kg
Saturday 7th September 2013, 09:32
If it helps you understand what you have found.

You don`t say your year so i used 1999 and there are two part numbers for those shaft/CV joints.

Although LH & RH are identical Part Number 8601573 replaces No. 8602607

So it may appear you have one of each if the difference is the internal size, which to my logic is the difference!

I hope it helps?

deathrider311271
Saturday 7th September 2013, 17:32
after lots of help from Eurocar parts, it turns out, yes there are 2 parts listed, one with the bolt (my type and one with a nut (the older style). However after 2 hours of measuring and teeth counting it turns out some ££££ has changed the outer half of the driveshaft and cv joint for an S60 item.

Anyway if anyone has a full V70 P1 ME7 TURBO driveshaft in good order and for a manual i will take it subject to price.

Thanks for the ideas guys

Simon