PDA

View Full Version : V70 PFV lowering kit picture request.

Leeds_finest
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 16:51
I know there has already been a thread regarding this. However, the only picture I saw was of a V70 that had just had the kit fitted the same day, are there any pictures of peoples cars after having this kit fitted for several hundred miles or so?

Many thanks

M-R-P
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 16:58
You saw James' car a few times didn't you?

Tadaaaa :D

M-R-P
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 17:01
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/haynes%202013/DSCF0124_zps79e128ae.jpg (http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/martinrpeachey/media/haynes%202013/DSCF0124_zps79e128ae.jpg.html)

Leeds_finest
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 17:03
You saw James' car a few times didn't you?

Tadaaaa :D

To be honest mate I didn't really get a good look at it, didn't stop that day lol!

Cheers for pic :)

M-R-P
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 17:22
It's not a bad kit, if a little soft but saying that, mine (Apex springs) are a little too hard. The back end sits a little high on the pfv kit too.

Something I found out to my annoyance the other day, when you get the 4 wheel alignment done after fitting the springs, the usual setups that hang the reflectors off your wheels won't work because they don't fit between the wheel and the arch. You'll need to find a place that uses a Hunter system that bolts the reflectors to the wheel itself. Not a bad thing tho, it's a much better system.

jdavis
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 17:50
http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/haynes%202013/DSCF0124_zps79e128ae.jpg (http://s1100.photobucket.com/user/martinrpeachey/media/haynes%202013/DSCF0124_zps79e128ae.jpg.html)
James's car does look nice there. Sits well

Leeds_finest
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 17:51
James's car does look nice there. Sits well

Agreed.

M-R-P
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 18:27
mine on apex springs...

http://i1100.photobucket.com/albums/g413/martinrpeachey/Snapbucket/DSC_0173_zps0e6d017a.jpg

danny-R
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 18:47
I'll show you a before and after the pfv 40mm kit when I get home. Although mine is just the springs and james replaced his shocks

danny-R
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 19:09
Now
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/longdogger/20130902_152052_zps25ab88ce.jpg

danny-R
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 19:12
http://i573.photobucket.com/albums/ss179/longdogger/20130219_141833_zps160c3dea.jpg
when I first got it. Massive difference and well worth the monies

M-R-P
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 19:39
looks like a 70-80mm drop there dude.

makes such a difference to the plodders but I can no longer carry 400kg in the boot :(

danny-R
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 19:44
It can still carry all my tools and a fair few bags of plaster no problem but it does look ridiculously low. I will take a pic time its fully loaded

jdavis
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 19:45
Now you're all just showing off lol.

all look good though

M-R-P
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 21:43
I can still carry a fair but but I can't go near speed bumps or some driveways.

silverhorse
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 22:04
Must admit, I do like the V70 when it has been dropped a bit. I would like to do mine but I have 4C. Is that a problem? Also, I live down a maze of country lanes and they are not the smoothest!!! It worries me a bit that I would damage myself or the car.

Yours really is quite low isn't it Martin!!

M-R-P
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 22:17
Must admit, I do like the V70 when it has been dropped a bit. I would like to do mine but I have 4C. Is that a problem? Also, I live down a maze of country lanes and they are not the smoothest!!! It worries me a bit that I would damage myself or the car.

Yours really is quite low isn't it Martin!!
yep, she's low alright lol. I was told it was a 30mm kit but it dropped a lot more than that.
you can lower 4c but I think you need to have the SUM recalibrated.

Leeds_finest
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 08:00
I was unsure on most if it actually lowrered the front too... but on Danny's it does look a lot lower all round.

Did James's kit come with shortened shocks? Or just original length/spec shocks with lowering springs?

Thanks

Leeds_finest
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 08:01
yep, she's low alright lol. I was told it was a 30mm kit but it dropped a lot more than that.
you can lower 4c but I think you need to have the SUM recalibrated.

Correct - my 4C was on Eibachs with SUM recal... waste of money though, looked great but was uncomfortable as hell.

M-R-P
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 08:04
I was unsure on most if it actually lowrered the front too... but on Danny's it does look a lot lower all round.

Did James's kit come with shortened shocks? Or just original length/spec shocks with lowering springs?

Thanks
Not sure TBH, think they were standard.

I have OE shocks on the back and Boge Automatic on the front and it's fine.

silverhorse
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 08:04
Correct - my 4C was on Eibachs with SUM recal... waste of money though, looked great but was uncomfortable as hell.

You have just saved me lots of money Ed!!! That was my worry, having my fillings loosened. Oh and the wife constantly moaning!

Leeds_finest
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 08:46
Not sure TBH, think they were standard.

I have OE shocks on the back and Boge Automatic on the front and it's fine.

Cool thanks :)

You have just saved me lots of money Ed!!! That was my worry, having my fillings loosened. Oh and the wife constantly moaning!

My honest advice would be don't bother.

I LOVED the fact that I used to be able to switch between comfort/sport/advanced but the Eibachs make it more like sport/sport/advanced :(

The stance and look of the Eibachs is awesome - but they're recommended by people who live near smooth roads or people who just use the race track (not people who drive daily on UK roads).

I paid a lot of money for those springs, fitted them, took them off after a week and sold them... Somebody had a real bargain out of those springs :(

Ed

partsforvolvos.com
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 09:00
with volvo the bilstein b8's , the outer housing is still always the same size, it is the internal piston is shortener so you can ride lower without it bottoming on bumps.
as opposed to those s**b things we also do, where the rear shocks are fitted with a lower position spring seat.

T5RatherAmusin
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 09:18
my old v6 was slammed on its arse. ye it looked good but you couldnt drive it like youd wanna...
constantantly in fear of ripping off your front bumper,exhaust etc and just damaging expensive work youve put in!
thus making poodle round like a frigging sissy and not really enjoy it :rotfl:

in time i think ill go for a kw variant 2 setup lol
this will be height and dampness adjustable.
but my main reason for them would be knowing that i have it and bragging rights :rotfl:

i love my system on it now tbh tho. i find it quite low as it is. its nowere near how high dannys v70 was lol
the front is real low imo and the back is just about high enough to not smash into my curb ed parking slot ahahaa

M-R-P
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 09:19
Wish my missus had adjustable dampness :)

T5RatherAmusin
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 09:22

eww

Leeds_finest
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 12:40

HAHAHAH

with volvo the bilstein b8's , the outer housing is still always the same size, it is the internal piston is shortener so you can ride lower without it bottoming on bumps.
as opposed to those s**b things we also do, where the rear shocks are fitted with a lower position spring seat.

So are the struts sold in the PFV kit in some way shorter to accommodate the lower springs?

It's not a problem if they're not, I was just curious that's all.

partsforvolvos.com
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 13:28
no they are not, you are absolutely safe with oe damper length until you go lower than 40mm as a general rule.

unfortunately the pfv kit is disabled at present due to the dampers being on backorder until early next month. - this seems to be a recurring theme, as it was the same last year due to factory shutdown holidays.

Leeds_finest
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 15:24
Ahhhh ok.

So available in a months time or so?

M-R-P
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 15:27
You could just get the springs and use the shocks you have?

Leeds_finest
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 15:45
I was considering that to be fair as mine seem fine.

M-R-P
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 15:52
it's cheaper but still a ball - ache as the rear springs are a pita.

LeeT5
Thursday 12th September 2013, 02:03

Ditto.