PDA

View Full Version : Forge actuator

martindzh
Monday 2nd September 2013, 17:48
Hi everyone. I have Volvo S60 T5 2005 MTE stage 2, Ferrita downpipe and cat back. Just bought Forge actuator and need to know what spring should I fit with this set up?
Thank you

Biff
Monday 2nd September 2013, 20:34
What boost you running mate? It all go's off how much boost as to what spring, not really the mods.

partsforvolvos.com
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 16:12
green should be equivelent to standard, then yellow for lightly modded cars.
remember, with actuators it is the opening pressure not the overall boost level you select them by.

dtp
Tuesday 3rd September 2013, 18:31
So if you have a stage 2 boosting to 1.4 bar what spring do you select blue opening at 10 psi or red opening at 17 psi?

partsforvolvos.com
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 09:18
i would have still thought yellow,- if you have a standard map it goes to 1.2 bar anyway so its only .2 above that.
- i have to be honest, i know what the ratings are, but i dont know how to measure the pressure.
definately not red - that is for huge boost.

Biff
Wednesday 4th September 2013, 09:32
From what I read when i got mine yellow was the happy medium for a modded motor.
The red is 17psi spool up & 20psi running pressure so you'd need to go some for that..
Blue is 14psi spool up & 18psi running pressure..
Yellow is 9 psi spool up & 15 running.
Green is bog standard so I binned mine.

dtp
Thursday 5th September 2013, 08:19
Can someone try and explain the spool up, running pressures please.

Biff
Thursday 5th September 2013, 10:47
When the turbo spools up ie the exhaust gases flowing through it get it spinning it should fly up to a pressure (spool up) & gradually increase & hold a pressure (peak).
So basically when it first boosts look at what pressure it quickly go's up to & then look at what it holds until it runs out of puff.

T5RatherAmusin
Thursday 5th September 2013, 10:54
From what I read when i got mine yellow was the happy medium for a modded motor.
The red is 17psi spool up & 20psi running pressure so you'd need to go some for that..
Blue is 14psi spool up & 18psi running pressure..
Yellow is 9 psi spool up & 15 running.
Green is bog standard so I binned mine.
a std 2.4 t5 hits 13 psi a stg 2 map one will hit 20 psi ish
from these would u use a red?

Biff
Thursday 5th September 2013, 11:15
I would mate, going off the pressure rates I got told the red spring was the only one to mention 20psi.
The ph2 run higher pressure as I guess they can control it better being me7.
I only bought mine off he who cannot be named as my original was goosed. Until mines mapped I don't plan on running much more than standard as I need my car but can't wait. Lol