PDA

View Full Version : fan on constantly

graemewelch
Thursday 29th August 2013, 14:28
ive just noticed that the last few days that the radiator is in constanly when the car is running. ive read the codes using a cheap reader but no joy. im thinking about getting vida but befor i do im just wondering if anyone has any ideas why its doing this. im asuming theres a fault somewear.

M-R-P
Thursday 29th August 2013, 14:32
On ME7 it's a signal that the ecu isn't happy about something e.g. when I blew a boost hose off the intercooler, the fan ran on for a while after stopping the engine. Look for dodgy vac pipes, grubby maf, leaking boost pipe etc.

danny-R
Thursday 29th August 2013, 14:34
Are you driving it again?

T5RatherAmusin
Thursday 29th August 2013, 14:38
do u have any aircon left?
could also be your cts

graemewelch
Thursday 29th August 2013, 14:52
Are you driving it again?

only short journeys. my lass gose mad. i hate her driving though. you should see what shes done to my wheels.

do u have any aircon left?
could also be your cts

aircon is empty. havnt bothered getting it refilled yet. car is getting sorned next week. no point in taxing it when its not being driven

T5RatherAmusin
Thursday 29th August 2013, 14:53
aircon is empty. havnt bothered getting it refilled yet. car is getting sorned next week. no point in taxing it when its not being driven

99% then thats your problem

graemewelch
Thursday 29th August 2013, 14:59
99% then thats your problem

i forgot about the aircon being low till you mentioned that. hope it is that.

T5RatherAmusin
Thursday 29th August 2013, 15:03
the fan constantly runs in an attempt to move more air across the condenser as the ac is not performing due to low/no refrigerant...
unplug the battery too, to reset ;)

danny-R
Thursday 29th August 2013, 16:30
Bet you're glad to be back behind the wheel. I was after 3 month in pot

graemewelch
Thursday 29th August 2013, 17:01
Bet you're glad to be back behind the wheel. I was after 3 month in pot

To right i was. she nags me constantly if i drive though

danny-R
Thursday 29th August 2013, 17:20
I got ear ache too for driving when I had that aircast boot thing on but in one ear out the other.

jdavis
Thursday 29th August 2013, 17:42
My p1 me7 did that when I had a vacuum hose off. Displayed engine management light though.