PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions - how to refit manual shifter...

Al115
Tuesday 25th October 2005, 08:23
OK, after a brief flirtation with a B&M short-shift kit for my (Manual) 1999 V70, I'm putting the existing shifter back in place (for now...)

Does anyone have any advice how to refit the shifter stick? There are two challenges:

how to reseat the bottom ball / socket joint of the shifter
how to refit the big white plastic collar that holds the shifter ball in place

Any advice welcome (the white plastic collar costs nearly £40 so I'm keen not to break it when fitting - it's a fragile bugger as well!)

Cheers.

siamblue
Thursday 27th October 2005, 01:16
OK, after a brief flirtation with a B&M short-shift kit for my (Manual) 1999 V70, I'm putting the existing shifter back in place (for now...)

Does anyone have any advice how to refit the shifter stick? There are two challenges:

how to reseat the bottom ball / socket joint of the shifter
how to refit the big white plastic collar that holds the shifter ball in place

Any advice welcome (the white plastic collar costs nearly £40 so I'm keen not to break it when fitting - it's a fragile bugger as well!)

Cheers.

I have been told by a very good source that 9 times out of 10 then collars break, if you don't know how to manipulate them in, maybe worth given it to a indie to fit?

Al115
Thursday 27th October 2005, 10:01
It is a b*gger of a job, that's for sure. However I now know exactly how to do it without breaking anything!

When I get time I'll post up the solution, until then feel free to PM me with any specific questions.

Thanks Gary!

BrightonBreezy
Thursday 27th October 2005, 11:57

You don't like the short-shifter?
Or why are you swapping it back out?