PDA

View Full Version : Volvo s60 2002 lpt Rear brake issue?

merc85
Sunday 25th August 2013, 15:34
Hi, you peeps may be aware im currently using a s60 locally, and have been doing various jobs on it for my Business partner, The car is running spot on but there was a rattle from the osr brake.

It would appear the rear caliper hasn't been working and is stuck with the piston partially back so the whole lot is chattering.

I cracked the bleed nipple off but no fluid came out, so i thought id detach the brake hose at the caliper.
I did this thinking that fluid would start to come out..... But nothing? i started the car and pushed the brake pedol and still nothing so it would apear there is a blockage somewhere.

The hose looks good on the out side but i know they can collapse inside. But seriously surly sumit would have came through?

Do the s60's have EBS valve? because i wondering if this has gone wrong?

Any opinions most welcome

graemewelch
Sunday 25th August 2013, 17:07
try chasing it back untill you get fluid. never heard of a flexi blocking but you never know.

merc85
Sunday 25th August 2013, 17:27
try chasing it back untill you get fluid. never heard of a flexi blocking but you never know.

if its not the flexi? what else could it be? theres plenty of fluid in the master

Harvey
Sunday 25th August 2013, 21:02
Fault with the ABS pump valve block ?.

merc85
Sunday 25th August 2013, 21:34
Fault with the ABS pump valve block ?.

Could be the abs works ok tho, and there are no error messages on the display? im new to all this ph2 stuff

graemewelch
Sunday 25th August 2013, 22:55
in all honesty i havnt a clue on this one. but if was me id be starting at caliper and working back untill you get fluid. least then you know what the problem is then can investergate further.

andyb1375
Sunday 25th August 2013, 23:07
Sounds to me like the hose has collapsed internally..

merc85
Monday 26th August 2013, 09:13
If the chap who owns it wants me to have a look further i will let you peeps know. :)