Monday 12th August 2013, 15:33
Not sure on the Babe, it might be though :D

T5RatherAmusin
Monday 12th August 2013, 15:39
theyr rated top dogs! ;)

Leeds_finest
Monday 12th August 2013, 15:51
Not sure on the Babe, it might be though :D

Don't you just love typing on iphones? LOL!

theyr rated top dogs! ;)

You running a shark map?

T5RatherAmusin
Monday 12th August 2013, 16:01
no. im still on a std map atm lol
but sharks where ill be going. theyr rated the best ther is really tho ;)

Santa
Monday 12th August 2013, 17:10
Not heard anything bad about them to be honest................actually thinking of getting shark custom map for mine. (Once other issues are sorted. No point til then).

graemewelch
Monday 12th August 2013, 17:16
maybe if enough intrest we could get a vpcuk day at shark. maybe even save a few quid. im also thinking about a custom map

Santa
Monday 12th August 2013, 17:34
Maybe a possibility to be honest.................I'll ask Chad, he knows Ben at Shark quite well.

danny-R
Monday 12th August 2013, 19:11
maybe if enough intrest we could get a vpcuk day at shark. maybe even save a few quid. im also thinking about a custom map
Id be up for that once ive sorted a few niggles

graemewelch
Monday 12th August 2013, 19:15
Id be up for that once ive sorted a few niggles

are warrped disk one of those niggles are you fitted them

T5REU
Monday 12th August 2013, 19:42
Ben from shark put me a stage 2 on my 01 s60 few years back. Was the best drive home ever. The map is the best there is. It drives lovely. Loads of power. Need go back soon and get the water injection and intercooler mapped in.

T5REU
Monday 12th August 2013, 19:44
T5d5 always rave on about don's maps slating Rica. Not sure how the shark would compare with don's

T5RatherAmusin
Monday 12th August 2013, 19:54
hopefully GRN will sort out some discount there lol
http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?52038-GRN-motors-and-Shark-Performance
remember the t5d5 thread which was down the route of mte vs shark. brilliant read! :D

Chad
Monday 12th August 2013, 20:29
Hi Guys,

I am already in the process of cooking up a dyno day at Shark Performance through GRN Motors.

They wil be offering OTS Maps, Custom maps (depending on number, and hardware setup)

I am just currently sorting out the discounts and prices etc for the above services. (there WILL be discounts, which will depend on the number of people attending)

I have also spoke to Benny@GRN and he will honour the OTS maps if people were to put their names down, but couldnt attend on the day due whatever reason ie build not complete etc, but obviously with a time limit.....

There have been quite a comparisons between MTE and Shark...

and there is definately going to be some comparisons between Rica and Shark...

I will start a POLL thread with dates available, and then people can choose the date and put down what they would like in terms of map etc..

hth

Chad

T5RatherAmusin
Monday 12th August 2013, 20:38
can we do this without travelling. not being antisocial. just i live in the middle of nowhere and doubt discounts will count for my travel lol

Chad
Monday 12th August 2013, 21:30
Yes, shark do a 'self tuning system' for the OTS maps.

http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/sts.asp

though it would be nice if you did attend when it is organised. :D

hth

Chad

PS sorry for the thread hijack

Santa
Monday 12th August 2013, 21:35
Chad, might be worth starting a new thread mate ;) (Saves hijacking this one).

Dream3r
Monday 12th August 2013, 23:10
Mikko certainly knows his stuff! Two really nice blokes Ben and Mikko.

They certainly seem to be growing into a big outfit. The last time I spoke to Ben he wanted my caR for three days for a custom map....

Chad
Tuesday 13th August 2013, 09:06
Hi Dream3r

yes, Mikko and Ben are top blokes.

You are right, some of the custom mapping requires time, and i will still honour the discount agreed if the car needs to stop with them so no one loses out.

hth

Chad

danny-R
Tuesday 13th August 2013, 11:04
Can the ots maps be sent and installed by myself. Very interested depending on price.
Cheers

M-R-P
Tuesday 13th August 2013, 11:05
Can the ots maps be sent and installed by myself. Very interested depending on price.
Cheers

There's a softloader thingy but I can't see your model on the website Dan.

danny-R
Tuesday 13th August 2013, 11:08
are warrped disk one of those niggles are you fitted them

I've been away since i picked them up. I havent even taxed it this month lol

expolicev70t5
Tuesday 13th August 2013, 11:10
Mmm very confused now, had been toying with an MTE remap as had read on numerous threads they were the one to go for however you guys seem to be raving about Shark remaps. Has any one done a comparison between the two? As I would be intrested to see how they compare before laying out any cash on a remap.

danny-R
Tuesday 13th August 2013, 11:12
There's a softloader thingy but I can't see your model on the website Dan.

Typical lol. So far im tempted to go mte but its a lot of money to fork out if i use thier softloader device.

Chad please could you pm me a price for stage 2 ots map for 2005 2.4 t5.
cheers

Chad
Tuesday 13th August 2013, 11:15
Hi Danny,

yes they can, SHark offer a self tuning system also..

check link - http://www.sharkperformance.co.uk/sts.asp

put your name down on the list as the more people on the list, hopefully the better discount i can get for us.

list is in this thread - http://www.vpcuk.org/forums/showthread.php?52168-Shark-Performance-GRN-Motors-Dyno-Mapping-Day-Interest&p=634976#post634976

hth

Chad

M-R-P
Tuesday 13th August 2013, 11:26
Typical lol. So far im tempted to go mte but its a lot of money to fork out if i use thier softloader device.

cheers

Thought you were selling the plodder?

danny-R
Tuesday 13th August 2013, 11:44
Nobody wants it lol i might aswell run it into the ground for what it owes me.

M-R-P
Tuesday 13th August 2013, 11:46
The offer's still there to swap it for a starlet. You'll have to chuck a few quid my way tho, just to sweeten the deal :D

danny-R
Tuesday 13th August 2013, 11:48
The offer's still there to swap it for a starlet. You'll have to chuck a few quid my way tho, just to sweeten the deal :D
I'd rather squat on a red hot poker :p

Chad
Tuesday 13th August 2013, 14:25
cheers

done

Chad
Tuesday 13th August 2013, 15:00
Mmm very confused now, had been toying with an MTE remap as had read on numerous threads they were the one to go for however you guys seem to be raving about Shark remaps. Has any one done a comparison between the two? As I would be intrested to see how they compare before laying out any cash on a remap.

Hi,

there have been comparisons between MTE and SHark on other volvo forums. Just have to do a search across them.

hth