PDA

View Full Version : s70r boost?

polak t5r
Friday 9th August 2013, 20:42
hi everyone i have a s70r manual all standered it starts boosting at 3000rpm is this right thanks

merc85
Friday 9th August 2013, 22:19
sounds about right, think yourself lucky.

Biff
Friday 9th August 2013, 22:24
Yeah mine starts about 3 or just under, depends on how hard the loud pedal is pressed I reckon.

merc85
Friday 9th August 2013, 22:27
mine starts at fckn 4,000!! well the power bit anyway

Biff
Friday 9th August 2013, 22:28
mine starts at fckn 4,000!! well the power bit anyway

Any idea why Gav? That must be fustrating sometimes. I think mines laggy. Lol

merc85
Friday 9th August 2013, 22:33
Any idea why Gav? That must be fustrating sometimes. I think mines laggy. Lol

Its really spoilt the car, my last ecu was a HLM 304 auto map, i really liked that and the top end rush was immense, but it went faulty, so i bought what i was told and has on it a Genuine RICA ecu. but the power starts to get going ay 4,000 up till 6,300rpm which is way to late for me.

The mbc has smoothed it out and she ran 14.6 at North weald which was quicker than the HLM map both time and trap speed, but its so god dam awefully agressive and to high up also has a rpm limiter and speed restricter which my hlm one didnt have.

I want a HLM auto map again sounds daft but thats what i like.

Biff
Friday 9th August 2013, 22:40
No I'd agree if mine were like that. I'm not a massive fan of revving the balls off my cars, my type r lasted a month before I got bored of vtec yo...
Ideally I want to keep mine as it is below 3000 & have all holy hell up to about 5500.
You can't be far off the limiter there surely? I've only hit mine once & I wasn't looking officer. Lol
Chucked out some flames pops & bangs though. Lol

polak t5r
Friday 9th August 2013, 22:43
Cool I was worried I had a problem all the others ive had have kicked in around the 2k mark so thought I might have a boost leak

Biff
Friday 9th August 2013, 22:46
Cool I was worried I had a problem all the others ive had have kicked in around the 2k mark so thought I might have a boost leak

I thought the same when I got mine, its better to boost around then as you won't be bending a rod mate. Lol

merc85
Friday 9th August 2013, 22:50
Yeah limiter is at 6.5 and i keep hitting it grrrrrrr, She pops an bangs in every gear easily without giving it much as she is runing a higher fuel pressure.

My last map's peak power was at 5,500 which was just right, made 270bhp / 307ft ibs on my last engine.

Biff
Friday 9th August 2013, 23:00
Would you expect more from this one? You've done more to this engine haven't you?
Hopefully I'll be able to get it right when I start playing with tuner pro & obd plug. Lol
Could you not get a swop for a HLM?

merc85
Friday 9th August 2013, 23:03
Hopefully, but it will vary from dyno to dyno, this one is a fitter engine, runing a ported n polished Head and matched manifold. also a free flowing exhaust.

Biff
Friday 9th August 2013, 23:05
Gotta be another 20 ponies in that on full charge then at least.

merc85
Friday 9th August 2013, 23:06
Gotta be another 20 ponies in that on full charge then at least.

lol we will see, thats after ive sorted a bloody map out for it lol ;)

Biff
Friday 9th August 2013, 23:09
I can't wait to have a play & turn the boost up. So many of the local lads want to see how well it can go. Lol

merc85
Friday 9th August 2013, 23:12
I can't wait to have a play & turn the boost up. So many of the local lads want to see how well it can go. Lol

Should go like stink mate lol, i think generally you can get abit more bhp out of the bosch 4.4 over the 4.3

Biff
Friday 9th August 2013, 23:20
Should go like stink mate lol, i think generally you can get abit more bhp out of the bosch 4.4 over the 4.3

I hope so after the time & money I'm spending on it. I have read that mate, be nice if I could hit 300 but reckon I'd need a downpipe for that & my mrs would hang me if I spent £600. Lol
I can hide all the little expensive things but £600 she would notice! Lol

Dream3r
Friday 9th August 2013, 23:57
This is exactly why I post mostly on t5d5. Honestly wtf.

LiamT4
Saturday 10th August 2013, 00:03

Never mind.

jamesy12345
Saturday 10th August 2013, 08:04
Its really spoilt the car, my last ecu was a HLM 304 auto map, i really liked that and the top end rush was immense, but it went faulty, so i bought what i was told and has on it a Genuine RICA ecu. but the power starts to get going ay 4,000 up till 6,300rpm which is way to late for me.

The mbc has smoothed it out and she ran 14.6 at North weald which was quicker than the HLM map both time and trap speed, but its so god dam awefully agressive and to high up also has a rpm limiter and speed restricter which my hlm one didnt have.

It's no good having only top end power with an auto so strange that the map does that

Eh, is everyone rich and single over there like? "Money can't buy you love" said the Beatles mate. Just real life intruding on our dreams...

smithy
Saturday 10th August 2013, 08:22

Are you running your mbc threw your bcs or are you running direct .because the map won't make an odds if you are running direct with the mbc mate because the mbc controls the boost not the bcs.if you got the mbc inline with the bcs then the bcs is still controlling the boost.

Biff
Saturday 10th August 2013, 08:32

Would you like to elaborate?

merc85
Saturday 10th August 2013, 10:51

If you dont like it, dont read it

merc85
Saturday 10th August 2013, 10:57
Are you running your mbc threw your bcs or are you running direct .because the map won't make an odds if you are running direct with the mbc mate because the mbc controls the boost not the bcs.if you got the mbc inline with the bcs then the bcs is still controlling the boost.

I think this rica map was a custom jobby for a larger turbo, the mbc makes it spool nice and smooth upto 4,000 then holds the boost higher up. BCS wise you feel the map come in around the 4k, by 4,800 most of the power feels like its being made till around 6.000 ish then its over. the map really is shocking below 4.000rpm.

Runing Mbc directly to keep it all smooth

All i know my Auto map had the boost limited in the 1st 2 gears then more in 3rd then around 19psi in the last 2 gears all the way to the red line

T5frankie
Saturday 10th August 2013, 11:05

i had a rica and it was exactly the same mate, boost came in even later than yours, and ive just sold my hlm 304 auto map, i am now mapless

T5frankie
Saturday 10th August 2013, 11:08

jog on then!!!!!!!!!!!!!!