PDA

View Full Version : loud bang then no power .

ROZER
Friday 2nd August 2013, 22:40
went to the shops in my car only touched the pedal a little and I heard a loud bang car began to idle very low till it cut out steering went I nearly crashed the car into a wall . crap me self anyway I could get the car to start but would not stay running just kept cutting out ,I had my bsr code reader in the boot so put it on not 1 dtc after about 10 minute's I realised I had not brought my phone with me .So getting towed back was out the question .so I unplugged my maf and the engine stayed running so I could get home , on the way back the car was idling very low too about 400rpm to 500 with maf unplugged am at a loss to why this has happened cars been fine just had coil packs plugs oil change new tcv about 4 weeks ago .any help would be good cheers .

Wobbly Dave
Friday 2nd August 2013, 22:41
sounds like you've blown an IC pipe off.

Tomcat
Friday 2nd August 2013, 22:42
Check your boost pipes, possibly popped a pipe off somewhere, if it has it'll run like crap because the car will be drawing in un metered air.

ROZER
Friday 2nd August 2013, 22:50
I have a boost gauge in the car but never got chance to look at it the wall was coming up fast as I lost me steering will give it a good look over in the morning when its light. funny thing is I was going to get some new brakes and fit them in the morning looks like am fault finding again drives me mad ,and no fault code to work with . cant be intercooler pipework I have just fitted all new samco and new clips and pressure tested the intercooler all was fine . then again putting it back together I could have over tightened 1 of the jubilee clips .

M-R-P
Friday 2nd August 2013, 22:57
Classic symptom of a boost pipe popping off mate. My money's on the top pipe between the turbo and intercooler. Easy fix and if it goes again, fit New jubilee clips.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 2nd August 2013, 22:58
can be - trust me. It's happened to me more than once on the drag strip.

stribo
Friday 2nd August 2013, 22:58
As above, sounds like you've blown a boost hose off.

ROZER
Friday 2nd August 2013, 23:06
poo I think I have cracked the plastic charge pipe at the front I was using me 7mm small ratchet thing is the wife has been driving it and it was fine only happened to me so she's well on one not good being married and owing a t5 is it .

M-R-P
Friday 2nd August 2013, 23:12
Tell me about it!
AndyB is currently breaking a P2 iirc, maybe he has a pipe?

ROZER
Friday 2nd August 2013, 23:17
cheers mate. when I get it off the car in the Moring will see if I can fix it first chance are I will need a new one .

M-R-P
Friday 2nd August 2013, 23:21
Use fiberglass filler mate, good stuff and can be sanded easily.

ROZER
Friday 2nd August 2013, 23:23
Use fiberglass filler mate, good stuff and can be sanded easily.

ye cheers dude will do back to Halfords.

ROZER
Friday 2nd August 2013, 23:32
http://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/engine-_-tuning/pipe-kits/volvo-3/s60-_-v70n-2000-07/volvo-s60_v70n-turbo-pressure-pipes.html
yes please. pfv don't sell these for p2 yet shame.

M-R-P
Friday 2nd August 2013, 23:40
http://www.do88.se/en/artiklar/engine-_-tuning/pipe-kits/volvo-3/s60-_-v70n-2000-07/volvo-s60_v70n-turbo-pressure-pipes.html
yes please. pfv don't sell these for p2 yet shame.

Their gear is superb - very well made and shiny :)

I'm sure PFV will be supplying them soon, if not already.

ROZER
Friday 2nd August 2013, 23:45
I agree that's a very nice kit for yours and mine but its not going to be cheap me thinks.

Wobbly Dave
Friday 2nd August 2013, 23:45
I have spare pipes for p2 - the over the top one at least.

M-R-P
Friday 2nd August 2013, 23:47
Wobbly to the rescue again :)

On a roll tonight mate :smileypul

ROZER
Friday 2nd August 2013, 23:53
I have spare pipes for p2 - the over the top one at least.

that's spot on I will get it off in the morning if its well done give you a shout cheers .

graemewelch
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 04:16
mine went to. i cut it and used 57mm pipe and two clamps
was a temp fix about 18mth ago

ROZER
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 09:17
mine went to. i cut it and used 57mm pipe and two clamps
was a temp fix about 18mth ago

what a goon when I tested me intercooler I forgot to tighten up the jubilee clip on the right side. intercooler pipe had popped off brain dead I guess cheers for the help guys ,now I can get me brakes when I can make me mind up what's worth getting.

M-R-P
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 09:44
Classic symptom of a boost pipe popping off mate. My money's on the top pipe between the turbo and intercooler. Easy fix and if it goes again, fit New jubilee clips.

what a goon when I tested me intercooler I forgot to tighten up the jubilee clip on the right side. intercooler pipe had popped off brain dead I guess cheers for the help guys ,now I can get me brakes when I can make me mind up what's worth getting.

What did I win? Lol.

Glad your sorted mate. As for brakes... Big ones - really big ones! They're brilliant!

:)

T5RatherAmusin
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 09:54
What did I win? Lol.

Glad your sorted mate. As for brakes... Big ones - really big ones! They're brilliant!

nowt!
as it sounds like the intercooler oulet pipe he didnt tighten, not the top pipe ;)

M-R-P
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 10:00
Oh yeah!

Note to self.... Read posts properly before replying :)

ROZER
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 10:23
What did I win? Lol.

thanks all good again but as for the brakes am getting brembo max discs but the pads have me stumped ebc red or yellow has some bad reviews so am left with mintex 1144 or ferrodo ds2500 or black diamond predator pads. seems like they all need heat in them to work good I need them to be good when cold also I don't do track only spirited driving but not mad .

deathrider311271
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 10:29
i have tried both recently and the Mintex do tend too squeel at high temps and take longer to heat up, the ds2500 are good from cold and i have never had brake fade from either on the road

ROZER
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 10:39
ds2500 are not cheap but that's why ,wonder if these bd predator pads are any good

smithy
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 10:45
i have tried both recently and the Mintex do tend too squeel at high temps and take longer to heat up, the ds2500 are good from cold and i have never had brake fade from either on the road

I had ds2500 on my v70 and they were the best pads I've ever had .and when my porche pads are nackered I will be putting ds2500 on the 940 defo .

LiamT4
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 10:50

I'v come to the conclusion that brake pads are different on every car, when i had ds25s they needed a fair bit of warming up when cold and when they where on my brothers datsun they were simply sh*te when cold. Very good when warm though.

deathrider311271
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 11:18
I'v come to the conclusion that brake pads are different on every car, when i had ds25s they needed a fair bit of warming up when cold and when they where on my brothers datsun they were simply sh*te when cold. Very good when warm though.

hi Liam

if you think the ds2500s are bad cold try a set of mintex 1177s mate, they are like wood blocks cold, you have too sit with your foot on the brake pedal for half a mile to stand any chance of stopping with them lol. altho once upto temp they are awesome and they do squeel very loud

ROZER
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 20:27
hi Liam

if you think the ds2500s are bad cold try a set of mintex 1177s mate, they are like wood blocks cold, you have too sit with your foot on the brake pedal for half a mile to stand any chance of stopping with them lol. altho once upto temp they are awesome and they do squeel very loud

lol

ROZER
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 20:30
so it looks like its ferrodo ds2500 more positive than negative ,will have to find the best price sure I seen them on pfv . cheers.

Wobbly Dave
Sunday 4th August 2013, 23:51
I've used DS2500 for the last 7 years including a few track days. They are an excellent choice.

ROZER
Monday 5th August 2013, 00:20
DS2500 ordered from the bay could not find them cheaper that £166 brembo max discs £128 and the rear £88 could not find the ds2500 for the rear so think I might just get pagid from euro parts there only £29 and from what I have read they seem to be ok.