PDA

View Full Version : Help needed please

willi
Friday 2nd August 2013, 19:04
Has anyone had this problem before please?

I reset the service light on my V70tdi 1998 this afternoon. The window was down and it started to rain about half hour ago so I went out to put it up.
Put the key in the ignition to put the power on to find the key would only turn to the first position and not go any further (its Locked) Key fob is dead and nothing works at all.
Any ideas please???
Has it anything to do with the service light reset??? That was the only thing I did.

Santa
Friday 2nd August 2013, 19:25
Not go any further? Like the resistance you get from the steering lock?

stribo
Friday 2nd August 2013, 19:30
Shouldn't have anything to do with the service reset, is it pre ME7, and you used the Draper reset tool, or ME7 and you used the button reset? I can pop over tomorrow if you want me to have a look.

willi
Friday 2nd August 2013, 21:01
Not go any further? Like the resistance you get from the steering lock?

Yes I have been frantically playing with just so I can get the window up if nothing else.. A guy down the road suggested wd40 in the key hole. Considering the key locked solid on the first notch it worked after a lot of back and throwing.
I have flushed it through with cleaner and wd40 and now it works well..:shockedbi
The remote still doesn't work though..

willi
Friday 2nd August 2013, 21:04
Shouldn't have anything to do with the service reset, is it pre ME7, and you used the Draper reset tool, or ME7 and you used the button reset? I can pop over tomorrow if you want me to have a look.

Thanks, it was the trip button reset.. I mentioned it coz that was the only thing I had touched.

willi
Friday 2nd August 2013, 21:06
There use to be a method for resetting the remote, like turning the ignition on and off 8 times or whatever.. Can anyone remember it??

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 08:34
Very odd, but the key switch it a physical item. I do not know of anything electrical that should stop it from the first turn. Sound to me like potentially your barrel has failed. I'm guessing you've trying the wiggle method to see if you can free it up?

timbo
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 08:53
On the 850's(not sure which you've got), turn the ignition to position 2 then back off 5 times, after the fifth time watch the LED on you're alarm indicator, it should flash continuously, this means its ready to be paired to you're key fob so press you're key fob button. Bit tricky to get the LED flashing. Hope this helps.

willi
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 09:46
Thanks guys All sorted..:redface:

I did a bit of a barrel wiggle with fluid, then did the on/off 5 times.. Brilliant. :funkybana

However, I think I need to keep a close eye on the barrel..

JUDGENINJA
Saturday 3rd August 2013, 10:16
Great stuff!